Odyssey and the UDP - Question

js

Hi.

I see the restaurants that are on the Odyssey but can anyone please let me know what restaurants will accept and can I go to without paying 

extra charges if I have the UDP. Is the hibachi place an extra charge? 

Can I go to the same restaurant twice in a row or three times during the cruise, etc.?
I can, as of today, only make the ressies for the restaurants once I get onboard. Is this also correct?

Thank you so much!

Edited by js

4 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

I see the restaurants that are on the Odyssey but can anyone please let me know what restaurants will accept and can I go to without paying 

extra charges if I have the UDP. Is the hibachi place an extra charge? 

Can I go to the same restaurant twice in a row or three times during the cruise, etc.?
I can, as of today, only make the ressies for the restaurants once I get onboard. Is this also correct?

Thank you so much!

I can answer parts of your questions with certainty.  You can visit the same restaurant several times on your trip.  Make your reservations as soon as you board.  If you want to change up your plans, you can change the reservations later.  Some places, like Playmakers will give you a daily spend amount.  One thing we often do is have dinner at a normal specialty restaurant, then wings or something similar at playmakers later.  One thing we like to do is have embarkation lunch at playmakers (and we loved the one on Odyssey :))

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I can answer parts of your questions with certainty.  You can visit the same restaurant several times on your trip.  Make your reservations as soon as you board.  If you want to change up your plans, you can change the reservations later.  Some places, like Playmakers will give you a daily spend amount.  One thing we often do is have dinner at a normal specialty restaurant, then wings or something similar at playmakers later.  One thing we like to do is have embarkation lunch at playmakers (and we loved the one on Odyssey :))

Thank you. So, even if it is sea day, I can have dinner at a specialty and then later in the evening go to Playmakers (which I'm guessing is the sports bar) and use the $20 or whatever daily amount it is? I thought that was only for port days and I appreciate your help since I'm just trying to learn it all since we have been away from RCCL for a while.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, js said:

Thank you. So, even if it is sea day, I can have dinner at a specialty and then later in the evening go to Playmakers (which I'm guessing is the sports bar) and use the $20 or whatever daily amount it is? I thought that was only for port days and I appreciate your help since I'm just trying to learn it all since we have been away from RCCL for a while.

Thank you.

Yes.    Not just port days to do this.  Also, on port days, you can do UDP lunch at Jonny Rockets, Playmakers.

My general advice for UDP-

Look at the app to see which specialty restaurants are available

On paper, before the cruise, write out where you want to go, and when, including lunch on sea days

As soon as you board, take that paper to the closest specialty restaurant, and make your reservations 

If you change your mind about where you want to eat or when, once onboard, go to desired restaurant and change

that to that specific restaurant 

You do not need JR or Playmakers reservations