How obstructed are deck 6 cabins on the Beyond?

seabeew

My husband and I need some advice concerning deck 6 partially obstructed cabins on the Celebrity Beyond. We are looking to book two cabins for a family cruise over Christmas and New Years in 2024. It has a great itinerary with a partial Panama Canal transit and visits to Colombia and the ABC islands.

We are considering booking two cabins on deck 6. I found information from a travel agency that has a group rate that is half the cost of an unobstructed deck 7 cabin. We’re looking at paying approximately $8000 vs $16,000. 

If anyone has sailed in an obstructed deck 6 cabin, I would love your feedback.

8 minutes ago, seabeew said:

My husband and I need some advice concerning deck 6 partially obstructed cabins on the Celebrity Beyond. We are looking to book two cabins for a family cruise over Christmas and New Years in 2024. It has a great itinerary with a partial Panama Canal transit and visits to Colombia and the ABC islands.

We are considering booking two cabins on deck 6. I found information from a travel agency that has a group rate that is half the cost of an unobstructed deck 7 cabin. We’re looking at paying approximately $8000 vs $16,000. 

If anyone has sailed in an obstructed deck 6 cabin, I would love your feedback.

You might be able to get some info from the the lick below. It is the Edge Class Cabin Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFHV6Ax0FmbzTqHb1e6eCeLpGe9SEBZPJeJ4K472toY/edit#gid=0

@seabeew what type of cabin is it on deck 6?  Veranda?

I can tell you the Beyond is a nice ship and if I got a 50% discount I would jump on it.  You mentioned you already compared prices to deck 7.  Is it $8000 per cabin (2 people) or $8000 for two cabins?  I would think it's the first one.  I was on the Beyond in May.  I was in a Sky Suite so I had a balcony.  

To give you a comparison, a few months back I was thinking to book a cabin on Millennium for an Asia cruise.  It was similar.  A Sky Suite but also on deck 6 and also had a view of lifeboats.  But I found a cabin by looking at the Cabin Spreadsheet and Youtube videos that seemed to have the least amount of blocked view.  So you may want to review those two for specific cabins in that discounted category to see which one is the best.  (Assuming you have the choice of a few cabins on deck 6?)

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

Here this was standing back a litle in the room but you get the idea - this was 6136

Thanks for providing the photo! I can certainly live that to save what I consider a lot of money.

1 hour ago, seabeew said:

Thanks to all for providing information about the cabins. It’s all very helpful. I’m afraid I’ve made a mess with my replies. I don’t post on cruise critic very often.

Think what you can spend on the cruise with that extra $3100 you save.  You may not spend much time in the cabin anyway.

I typically stay on deck 6 and most of the obstructions are from looking down, with possibly some equipment looking out. I might not have very high expectations, but I have never been disappointed by my view. One photo is a bit dark, but you could see where the lifeboat is and an overhang. The other is not Celebrity, but I circled the equipment that could possibly be in your view.Screenshot_20231118-084345_Photos.thumb.jpg.86e578aa3ec99f9d115c6c289c9b3c4f.jpglScreenshot_20231118-084420_Photos.thumb.jpg.5fe17c603c8f2b0b381f460e2246a040.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, seabeew said:

The obstructed cabins on deck 6 are $4900 each. The unobstructed cabins are approximately $8000 each. 

go for obstructed  by life boat if you can avoid the white davits..they would bother me

8 minutes ago, Giraffes said:

I typically stay on deck 6 and most of the obstructions are from looking down, with possibly some equipment looking out. I might not have very high expectations, but I have never been disappointed by my view. One photo is a bit dark, but you could see where the lifeboat is and an overhang. The other is not Celebrity, but I circled the equipment that could possibly be in your view.Screenshot_20231118-084345_Photos.thumb.jpg.86e578aa3ec99f9d115c6c289c9b3c4f.jpglScreenshot_20231118-084420_Photos.thumb.jpg.5fe17c603c8f2b0b381f460e2246a040.jpg

just realized these are outdoor balcs

Beyond will be an IV unless a suite..

@Giraffes what are those things in the picture with the white partitions on both sides?  Is that some kind of new cruise ship design?  Maybe an Infinite Veranda model 2?  I hope not because I really like my window.  I enjoy the fresh salt air.  I sure hope they don’t change it.  Celebrity is always changing the good stuff.

🤔

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

@Giraffes what are those things in the picture with the white partitions on both sides?  Is that some kind of new cruise ship design?  Maybe an Infinite Veranda model 2?  I hope not because I really like my window.  I enjoy the fresh salt air.  I sure hope they don’t change it.  Celebrity is always changing the good stuff.

🤔

Not a Celebrity ship.