Full Pay Discount?

jame_g

When I go to book a cruise more than 180 days out, the website FAQs still say I should be able to apply a full pay discount. However, when I try to do a booking, I'm not getting the option to do this on the summary page anymore. It will still let me just do a deposit or do a full payment, it just doesn't give the option to apply the full pay discount. Anyone else encountering this? Is it a problem or recent change?

I don't think the website is set up to handle the discounts.

If you used a travel agent, let them handle it. If not, call VV, and tell them that you want to pay in full and are unable to get the 10% discount online.....they should be able to take care of it for you.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 6:38 PM, jame_g said:

I've done it previously when booking online, so it was set up to do so. The FAQ even indicates how to do it when booking online. The option just hasn't been appearing the last couple days (at least).

It's not available online, not sure if it was ever available. Work with a TA who can apply the promotion for you. The best part about working with a TA is that you are not forced to Pay In Full at the time of booking. TAs are allowed to apply that discount anytime up to 180 days prior to sail date. So you can pay with a 20% deposit today, then make a 'final payment' with the discount at a later date, so long as you stay 180 days out with that payment. Another great advantage to work with a good VV TA. 🙂

Keep in mind that ability to apply the promotion at a later date is subject to change at anytime. VV really does want you to pay in full at the time of booking. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Like 2

Pay in Full Promo ends tonight. If you have an existing booking more than 180 days out you can still apply the promo but after today the offer is dead on new bookings. No warning was given to first mates. They are also lowering the FL Resident discount to 5% and eliminating other discounts for booking in advance.  The bargain days are over. There are still good deals out there but gone are the good ole days. Also rumors that MNVV will be watered down in the next couple of months. 

• Like 3

Ditto to what is said above. PIF discount is gone for all new bookings, But you can still pay in full up to 180 days out from your sailing if you booked before November 22, 2023. VV is re-evaluating all pricing to come more in line with the nearly all-inclusive nature of sailing, MNVV might be changed to $300 Sailor Loot only or the same $300/$600 split as the Bar Tab. 

It was available for my cruise out of Barcelona in October, and for every pretend booking I made before then. I just booked a couple of back-to-back ones for the Cyber Monday deals, and it wasn't offered--maybe because it's already considered a deal?  It also didn't show my assigned cabin, except as a little print on one page, and on the final booking page it didn't list cabin or even ship, from what I can tell. What was more concerning was the itinerary didn't have the same embarkation date as my booking,  and the search shows two ships for each date. To top it all off, I haven't received a confirmation for either, although they're listed in my account, and I seem to be on Valiant Lady. I can take comfort in my confusion in seeing a $600 bar tab, which doesn't seem right for a 3 and then a 4 night under the promo, plus the $100 and other benefits for my loyalty match with Princess. So I will resiliently try to stay semi-sober in the Med in October, and valiantly in the Caribbean in December. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rj59 said:

I just booked a couple of back-to-back ones for the Cyber Monday deals, and it wasn't offered--maybe because it's already considered a deal?

Again, the Pay In Full Promotion is dead. It ended on November 22. All bookings made after November 22 do not have that option any longer. The Bar Tab offer will be the next thing to change somewhere around Mid December or January.