OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE NOV 2023

morpheusofthesea

2 hours ago, go.without.you said:

I hate this. What are they going to miss in the 1-2 hour meal that they HAVE to sit together. They realize they are on a boat and won't be left behind, right?

'Heard' they also wanted a round table for the 18 of them. No round tables in the YC.

P.S. Tonight being Thanksgiving dinner ought to be eventful, showtime for this group is 6pm.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

'Heard' they also wanted a round table for the 18 of them. No round tables in the YC.

Oh for....

I saw an older couple hogging deck chairs for their grandkids that were no where to be seen but "just in case they show up". 8 chairs. She reserved 8 chairs.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Do not see any monitoring of either Aurea or YC areas. There are 5 pergolas on port side same model as YC, but instead of lounge chairs bench type sofas with cushions . On starboard side uncushioned regular deck chairs, hot tub. Took pictures for you. 

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

hogging deck chairs for their grandkids that were no where to be seen but "just in case they show up". 8 chairs. She reserved 8 chairs.

On one of the first sailings back (post covid) we had 600 passengers and our cruise Director encouraged us during our first theatre show to reserve 6 deck chairs each as the ship can accommodate 6000. He was joking, though many did just that, 2 in the sun and 2 more nearby in the shade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

On one of the first sailings back (post covid) we had 600 passengers and our cruise Director encouraged us during our first theatre show to reserve 6 deck chairs each as the ship can accommodate 6000. He was joking, though many did just that, 2 in the sun and 2 more nearby in the shade.

I heard that same joke on my Seashore sailing. Lots of laughs from the audience. They knew it was true about them, lol. 

I do miss those days of fewer passengers. It was rather nice. 😉

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Your honor, MSC has spoiled us. When we sailed her ships the cruise director encouraged us to chair hog up to 6 deck chairs at one time. How can we possibly exist now that we been cruising in such a manner as we have become accustomed to ?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I asked the YC hostess at lunch and she said she doesn't know if and when as she always leaves by the second week of December.

Oh, I read this again. If she doesnt know because she usually leaves by the 2nd week of December, that makes me think that by the second week, they still have not put them up, right? Because if they were up by then, she would have seen them. Interesting. That's kind of late to not have any lights up yet. 

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

There is currently a "pool security" guy walking around YC deck. Mostly picking up towels.

I just sent my DW to look for you and then reread that you are on the Seashore.  (She likes to walk around anyway even if it is a 'wild goose chase".)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I just sent my DW to look for you and then reread that you are on the Seashore.  (She likes to walk around anyway even if it is a 'wild goose chase".)

Ok. I thought he was on the Seascape too. 

I will be sailing on the Seascape. Im very excited to introduce some new cruisers to cruising and to enjoy the Seascape. 

Thanks for all of your helpful replies.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RolandofGilead said:

I’m just glad I haven’t seen any comments about our large group. ;). I always appreciate a teaching moment for the kids though. I could tell them they are famous for all of the wrong reasons.

You must be the 7:30 pm large group of 16 in the YC. Must say that all the children in the YC are well behaved. 

• Like 1

We usually eat earlier but try to communicate ahead of time who we expect on a night and have no special demands for a combined table. They aren’t perfect and honestly the parents are probably louder trying to keep the children in line. The staff have been excellent with the children. My daughter thinks the boys are barbarians.

Had a fantastic special menu tonight for our US Thanksgiving. MSC did a great job. Had the turkey, came with a sweet potato puree, cranberry puree, thin fresh green beans, a spoonful of stuffing/dressing (could have eaten a bowl full of dressing it was so good). For dessert had the pecan pie and a pumpkin bar both exquisite.

At the beginning of the Chora theatre show there were previews of a host of familiar faces from around the ship expressing all their thanks and why they were thankful to all of us on the ship. CD Endrigo introduced Josh Chritiani and left the stage with a "Chow, Chow for Now"( I wonder who his mentor is? ) Anyway Josh started out really great with him belting out popular songs on the piano with the Le Cabaret Rouge Band as back up. The show went downhill after he sent the band away while he played one of his own songs followed by the most esoteric unknown songs of other great artists. The return of the LCR Band could not help his downward spiral. He resorted to piano acrobatics, fully expecting him to play the piano next with his toes. We stayed to the 'bitter end'. We looked at each other and said he has to be on a very short contract.(Like just one week?). 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, blueslily said:

Oh, I read this again. If she doesnt know because she usually leaves by the 2nd week of December, that makes me think that by the second week, they still have not put them up, right? Because if they were up by then, she would have seen them. Interesting. That's kind of late to not have any lights up yet. 

Thank you. 

my friend currently on seashore said she helped them decorate the tree they were putting up in the last day or two

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1