OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE NOV 2023

morpheusofthesea

On 11/26/2023 at 10:06 AM, blueslily said:

General question for everyone. I was on Cruise Mapper trying to figure out how many other ships will be docking at our ports for my upcoming Seascape cruise. I could figure them all out except Puerto Plata, DR. I see Amber Cove listed. Seascape is included in that list. Five ships total that day. But, I thought Seascape would dock at Taino Bay. But, I did not see Taino Bay listed as an option for Puerto Plata. Can someone please assist. Maybe I'm mixing up the names of something. Or, does the site just not list the other port? 

Thanks 😊 

Amber Cove is a different port. Last Thanksgiving we stopped at Amber Cove on Odyssey of Seas cruise. The other port is NW of Amber Cove

14 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

When I finally figured out how to get out to Top 19 from YC (Day 5 lol)....I noticed that it was  literally empty the remainder of the cruise. Even on our last Sea day...may be 10 people max. From the main cruise deck...has a glass door with a card reader which is accessible via your card or MSC wrist band. Not alot  of traffic on deck 19 which limits entry by others. To get into YC from Aurea  is a mini maze thru unmarked wood looking doors..so much different than Seaside where Aurea and YC sundecks were on same deck and accessible via a glass door reader. Pool deck in YC is on deck 20

Thanks so much. We board in less than 2 weeks. On embarkation fay, i eill explore the ship and try to find thr I hope the Christmas decorations are up for our sailing. On embarkation day, I will try to find the Top 19 entrance. Looking forward to enjoying the quiet area on sea days

Morph...another great report. Sorry we didn't meet you on this cruise...but I 2nd many of your comments. We felt this cruise was the best of our 3 YC cruises. I was happy to see many of the little touches were back...nightly chocolates or sweets left by Butler/Jr Butler... also we may have had excellent Butlers (Kutsi was ours). I really don't have any negatives and despite a full YC with close to 70 children/teens....service was remarkably consistent and attentive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

Amber Cove is a different port. Last Thanksgiving we stopped at Amber Cove on Odyssey of Seas cruise. The other port is NW of Amber Cove

Yes, totally thought it as two different ports. But, on cruise Mapper, only Amber Cove is listed and Seascape is listed as docking there. Very odd. 

2 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Yes, totally thought it as two different ports. But, on cruise Mapper, only Amber Cove is listed and Seascape is listed as docking there. Very odd. 

I hear you...we booked another YC cruise while onboard and our itinerary shows the same port in DR

10 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

I hear you...we booked another YC cruise while onboard and our itinerary shows the same port in DR

This is after the fact.. We are both home now and really did not take advantage of another 'special' offered in the Daily Program. Were you aware of a future cruise special offered on Thursday ? Up to $500 shipboard credit and reduced deposit. 

We are just so busy having a good time, we miss so many things.

IMG_3324.jpg

• Thanks 2

Specials Bar Drinks are NOT everyday nor at every bar. Sometimes one has to search the bars. (This is for those who do not purchase a drink package)

Sunday  Traditional Long Island & Magic Island

All bars

Monday Absolute Cosmo & Fruit Smoothie

Tuesday All cocktails 20% off 10pm-midnight

Marina Pool Bar

Wednesday All Margaritas 20% off 8pm-10pm 

Uptown Lounge

Cocktail of the day Frozen Toberone & 

Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri All Bars

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is after the fact.. We are both home now and really did not take advantage of another 'special' offered in the Daily Program. Were you aware of a future cruise special offered on Thursday ? Up to $500 shipboard credit and reduced deposit. 

We are just so busy having a good time, we miss so many things.

IMG_3324.jpg

I remember see this but we were so busy( having a great time!)  i didnt stop by future cruise desk until Friday!! It was also a nice touch that they had a future cruise rep in Top Sail Lounge  several times during cruise

Thank you so much for another of your informative threads. 

How was the indoor air temperature in the Yacht Club? 

I am trying to determine whether or not I will need to wear a sweater in the evenings later this month in Top Sail Lounge and the Yacht Club Restaurant on board Seascape.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Thank you so much for another of your informative threads. 

How was the indoor air temperature in the Yacht Club? 

I am trying to determine whether or not I will need to wear a sweater in the evenings later this month in Top Sail Lounge and the Yacht Club Restaurant on board Seascape.

Yes, Very funny you bring this temperature thing up. DW is always complaining it is too cold in the cabin, in the theatre, walking inside, walking outside. I wear a jacket every evening so it never bothers me. This cruise I bought a cheap thermometer and hung it on a hook in the cabin. The highest temperature I could garner in the cabin with both thermostats up to 5 red lights all the time was 74 degrees F. At home our thermostat is 78 degrees all the time in Florida.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:18 PM, blueslily said:

Do you know if we can use the Fun Pass to pay for rides on thr Robotron? Thanks

Yes, in the Games Arcade it listed the price and that you could use.  While we had a fun pass we did not attempt robotron fun.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

12-22-23 to 01-05-24. However we are trying out another MSC product called Explora Journeys, Explora 1. I hope to be posting right here my comparison with our favorite MSC Yacht Club. Thanks for asking.

Was hoping you might say 1.27-2.10 on Seascape. 

55 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Was hoping you might say 1.27-2.10 on Seascape. 

You picked a great date to cruise. After the Holidays (when all the good staff will be returning to work) and before Spring Break. My DW wants to keep teaching while she still is able which limits us to the worst times to cruise. My reports would be rosier, not having to witness the indecencies of the "wider audience" we are forced to cruise with at these times. Hoping that the more expensive cruise lines are different. This Explora 1 cruise, I hear from DW ( as I will not go on 'that' forum) plans on having 700 (50 are children) twice what the ship is use to. YC the children have been well behaved. After recuperating from this upcoming cruise we are booked for Spring Break on Regent Grandeur (for the same reason). Plan to be back on Seascape in April in YC. Understand that Seashore is supposed to get Chef Lisa for their YC Restaurant. She told us her story working for years for one of the other cruise lines and MSC approached her with an offer which she 'could not refuse'. She was adament when she exclaimed "I know what Americans like, no one has to tell me what to do."

On 12/12/2023 at 6:36 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

12-22-23 to 01-05-24. However we are trying out another MSC product called Explora Journeys, Explora 1

We'll be on Seascape in Yacht Club starting 1/6. I was hoping we'd be boarding right after you leave and I guess technically we are, just on a different ship. 😅 Maybe we'll unknowingly pass each other in Miami, depending where y'all are sailing out of. Either way, I hope you have a lovely trip, despite the younguns.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

Either way, I hope you have a lovely trip, despite the younguns.

Thank you. You are very kind. My only encounter was a memorable moment after dinner walking from Le Cabaret Rouge when a 4 year old, let loose and running wild by his parents, accosted me with "Hey, Porky !"  "I mustered my fine command of the English language and said nothing" Mark Twain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1