Club balcony suite

Monica887

We have had a cabin above the theater.  We heard the thump thump of the base whenever there were shows, and also whenever they used the theater for rehearsals.  Early morning rehearsals may impact you if you like to sleep in, and afternoon rehearsals may impact any naps you want to take.  You may also find the thumping to be generally annoying.  I would not book a cabin above the theater again.

14 hours ago, gizfish said:

I would not book a cabin above the theater again.

We had a Deck 9 Club Balcony on the Joy for 10-days almost directly above the Cavern Club. Between rehearsals and shows, we were quite done with Beatle's music for awhile. We only book Deck 10 now.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:28 AM, Monica887 said:

The more I dig, I've found some of the perks. I don't care (much) about a better bathroom. And we are platinum and sapphire so that covers laundry and tender boarding. Anything important that I'm missing? 

The bathroom IS a nice perk if you're a [ahem] larger person.  You get an extra bag of laundry (so 2.)  You also get some goodies, though I could never tell which were because I was Platinum/Sapphire, which were CAS, and which were Club Balcony.

Personally, I prefer CB, but not enough to pay much of a premium for it.

On 11/25/2023 at 1:43 AM, gizfish said:

We have had a cabin above the theater.  We heard the thump thump of the base whenever there were shows, and also whenever they used the theater for rehearsals.  Early morning rehearsals may impact you if you like to sleep in, and afternoon rehearsals may impact any naps you want to take.  You may also find the thumping to be generally annoying.  I would not book a cabin above the theater again.

Interesting.  I'm just off the Joy, Deck 8 Fwd, above the theatre.  I only recall hearing the bass once; it was over by 10:00-10:30.  As inconveniences go, very minor, and it WAS nice having all my favorite bars/restaurants nearby.  But it may have been that I was out of my cabin at the more annoying times.  Also, the lower decks tend to be lower category cabins so you save a few bucks (nothing appreciable, though.)

Edited by phillygwm

On 11/24/2023 at 7:38 PM, cruiser2015 said:

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary valet laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens and pillows
  • Lemongrass bathroom products
  • Bathrobes
  • TV, refrigerator, safe, and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed.
  • Coffee maker & ice bucket available upon request.
  • 24-hour standard room service menu
  • Continental breakfast menu

The list above is supposedly "exclusive" to the Club Balcony Suites.  

Can anyone explain what is exclusive about the last 5 items?  To the best of my knowledge, all balcony cabins get those last 5 items.

So long as we are talking about the CBS benefits, supposedly I should be able to "Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing"

But when I look at entertainment for my Dec 15 Viva sailing, I see what I've pasted below.  In fact, there is nothing in the Entertainment tab that is available for booking.  Is this a case of only very limited pre-booking available and I missed it because I didn't try right at 21 days (similar to dining)?

image.png.0bf1dfaf5aed6f660813b99f329053b9.png

Edited by PATRLR

52 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

The list above is supposedly "exclusive" to the Club Balcony Suites.  

Can anyone explain what is exclusive about the last 5 items?  To the best of my knowledge, all balcony cabins get those last 5 items.

How about marketing gone wild?

😵

The last 2 might make sense if they waved the service charge.  ??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

So long as we are talking about the CBS benefits, supposedly I should be able to "Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing"

But when I look at entertainment for my Dec 15 Viva sailing, I see what I've pasted below.  In fact, there is nothing in the Entertainment tab that is available for booking.  Is this a case of only very limited pre-booking available and I missed it because I didn't try right at 21 days (similar to dining)?

image.png.0bf1dfaf5aed6f660813b99f329053b9.png

Reservations are only done for the "main" entertainment productions, generally no more than 2 per cruise. The smaller venues/shows including musicians, comedians, etc. do not take reservations.

28 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Reservations are only done for the "main" entertainment productions, generally no more than 2 per cruise.

Sure, I get that.  But, to the best of my knowledge the picture I included was of the two main shows: Beetlejuice and Icons.