P & O Australia/Pacific Adventure in the news

13 hours ago, ozdevil said:

More Dramas  for the guest onboard Pacific adventure 

any of them choosing to take a trip up Mt Wellington will be disappoint as there is only 1  road up to the summit and its closed for sheduled maintenance   As Hobart was not expecting any cruise ships and thought  this week would have been the perfect oppurtunity to close the road.

The only other way they can do this is by 1 of the many walking tracks   but i would think that is not such a great idea   as you may not get back to the ship on time

The summit is cloud covered today so even if the road was open it would hardly be worth heading up there:

https://www.hobartcity.com.au/Community/kunanyi-Mt-Wellington/kunanyi-Mount-Wellington-webcams

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

It is not unusual to be cloud covered.  

Certainly, I live on the side of it... It's generally not bad this time of year, but Tassie being Tassie, you never really know what you'll get with the weather hour to hour... 

It's magic up there when the conditions are right:

MtWcrop.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Flickit said:

Certainly, I live on the side of it... It's generally not bad this time of year, but Tassie being Tassie, you never really know what you'll get with the weather hour to hour... 

It's magic up there when the conditions are right:

MtWcrop.jpg

Just need to wait a few hours, it may clear.

The last time we were on Mt Wellington, we took the advice of the tour operator to change the order of our tour. We were planning for it to be after returning from Richmond, but we were taken up the mountain directly from the ship. Local knowledge paid off, as it was shrouded in cloud the rest of the day.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

The last time we were on Mt Wellington, we took the advice of the tour operator to change the order of our tour. We were planning for it to be after returning from Richmond, but we were taken up the mountain directly from the ship. Local knowledge paid off, as it was shrouded in cloud the rest of the day.

You can't beat local knowledge.  I stayed in accommodation in Hobart, where I had a beautiful view of the mountain.  I was amazed just how changeable the weather was at the top of the mountain.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

A tip from Barb. Before going on national TV, one should blend their foundation down past their granny (jaw) line. 

And the wrong day for the markets too!

Of wear a klu klax klan mask, lol.

38 minutes ago, Flickit said:

They'll be in Hobart for another day, the ship isn't going to Port Arthur tomorrow due to weather, the company has arranged free buses to take people down there.. 

Well done .  That is an excellent way to keep goodwill of affected passengers.  We have driven there from Hobart for the day.  

38 minutes ago, Flickit said:

1 hour ago, Flickit said:

They'll be in Hobart for another day, the ship isn't going to Port Arthur tomorrow due to weather, the company has arranged free buses to take people down there.. 

is the weather coming from the direct south  as the  bay there is rather sheltered  from the east and west and north   the winds are not that bad really 

but hey  Driving to Port Arthur is Not that far  really,  an hour and half  and you could be there .

i used to depart of Port Arthur a fair bit to chase Southern Bluefin Tuna and turning east to Tasman island .

if they drive or get sailed to  port Arthur  they are not missing out for thos wanting to go there...  for others may just want to stroll the surrounds of hobart again 

i thinks not huge thing not  coming into port Arthur and tendouring 

Edited by ozdevil

5 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

is the weather coming from the direct south  as the  bay there is rather sheltered  from the east and west and north   the winds are not that bad really 

but hey  Driving to Port Arthur is Not that far  rerally  an hour and half  and you could be there .

i used to depart of Port Arthur a fair bit to chase Southern Bluefin Tuna and turning east to Tasman island .

if they drive or get sailed to  port Arthur  they are not missing out for thos wanting to go there...  for others may just want to stroll the surrounds of hobart again 

i thinks not huge thing not  coming into port Arthur and tendouring 

The marine forecast isn't looking very good down that way tomorrow, a southerly swell, the change to buses is understandable:

Winds = Easterly 15 to 20 knots.
Seas = Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
Swell = Southerly 1.5 to 2 metres, tending southwesterly 1.5 metres around midday.

Apparently P&O have been paying for some passengers to fly back to Sydney, that's pretty good of them..

1 hour ago, Flickit said:

Apparently P&O have been paying for some passengers to fly back to Sydney, that's pretty good of them..

And so they should pay. The situation, which was of P and O's making would no doubt exacerbate the medical conditions, particularly mental health conditions of some passengers.