Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

The internet has come to a halt. It happened when I came to dinner, so it could be my table is in a dead zone. There are definitely dead spots around the ship and this may be one. 

Table was assigned at 749. I will post pictures and menus later because the internet is too slow to do so now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Ok last bite till dinner.

170231868569577300517699115067.thumb.jpg.3c493858b6f911fa397d14b270fe2c62.jpg

I noticed on my Carnival cruises in 2021 and 2022 that the buffet cakes looked fabulous, really beautiful and artistic and mostly tasted very good as well. Interesting and unusual flavor profiles I’d never seen before. 

I would not complain because I always get too much great food on any cruise but to my taste the buffet desserts on RCI haven’t been nearly as good. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I noticed on my Carnival cruises in 2021 and 2022 that the buffet cakes looked fabulous, really beautiful and artistic and mostly tasted very good as well. Interesting and unusual flavor profiles I’d never seen before. 

I would not complain because I always get too much great food on any cruise but to my taste the buffet desserts on RCI haven’t been nearly as good. 

The buffet desserts on Royal are terrible. Anyone who can't stomach the desserts on Carnival would be in for a real shock when they get to the Windjammer 😆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Following on (much later) from the gingerbread Xmas village discussion - currently on QM2 and here is her contribution! Thanks again for all of your time and effort - much appreciated and enjoyed! 

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

I'm gonna agree with @exlondoner this is quite impressive and nicer looking than the one we have on Magic.

Thank you for sharing and thanks for following along again 😀

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The buffet desserts on Royal are terrible. Anyone who can't stomach the desserts on Carnival would be in for a real shock when they get to the Windjammer 😆

The one exception was this massive baklava that was divine. I’m not sure how many pieces I had but it was more than two plus I scraped out the lower layers left behind by others.

IMG_6432.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

The one exception was this massive baklava that was divine. I’m not sure how many pieces I had but it was more than two plus I scraped out the lower layers left behind by others.

IMG_6432.jpeg

Very impressive. I've never seen something like that. Was it lunch or dinner? Sometimes I've seen some nice items at dinner when the YTD mess at Royal has sent me to the jammer.

I love Royal and with their loyalty perks my bar and internet bill is lower but after I factor in specialty dining costs it's a wash. I really struggle with the included dining on Royal. 

• Like 1

I’m cruising on the new year’s cruise for this ship so totally reading and living vicariously through you! I haven’t seen you mention the love and marriage show yet and was wondering if they’re still having it? But so excited to hear that quest has made a return! How do you feel about the cd and the piano bar entertainer? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tarheelblues said:

I’m cruising on the new year’s cruise for this ship so totally reading and living vicariously through you! I haven’t seen you mention the love and marriage show yet and was wondering if they’re still having it? But so excited to hear that quest has made a return! How do you feel about the cd and the piano bar entertainer? 

I've reached a point I can't form coherent sentences. I'll answer you once I have a clear head 🤪

• Haha 5

The pizza is never great, but at 2am its usually filling the roll of last resort drunk food at least.

This was pure garbage. I don't know what happened but this was terrible. They're not even trying. Shame Carnival,  Shame.

Out way past my bedtime. I wanted to explore Cozumel tomorrow but I may end up sleeping in through most of the day. Good news is, I've already hit 7k steps since midnight so even if I have a lie in, I should be good on steps. 

Thanks for following along, see everyone tomorrow from Cozumel.

• Like 8

My cabin has been violently shaking for 45 minutes now. 

I finally got up to come see us failing to be able to dock, only to find us tied up already.

1702385813915219189821229738856.thumb.jpg.8c0e71f55bf8f9dede423c3f542a849a.jpg

And how cruel the song on the overhead right now is good vibrations.

Mariner of the seas. I probably won't be able to see her once the other ships are in.

17023860770076161204626705717077.thumb.jpg.2b021f05009cc1bc785b52f755efac12.jpg

I'm going to try and go back to sleep now. 

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

Following on (much later) from the gingerbread Xmas village discussion - currently on QM2 and here is her contribution! Thanks again for all of your time and effort - much appreciated and enjoyed! 

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

But can you eat it?

• Haha 4