Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

3 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Looking forward to following along!

I missed allot of the ship when I was on her in March so hopefully I will see more through your review. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for following along. I'll be sure to explore all over the ship since I won't be doing a lot of port exploring 🙂

2 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Good morning!!

getting anxious to start to start this party started!!

Hugs!!

Me too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joe/jack said:

I agree Let’s get this party started but

first a must see Football game today

I just finished packing and my wife is getting ready to begin her 3 hrs of packing. lol 

See you all at the Bar 🥃

I'll be spending about 15 minutes on packing and most of that will be rechecking to make sure I didn't forget anything. 

See you soon!

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Re: sparkling wine - have you considered buying a wine package once on board (if any of the levels has the wine you want)?  You can get the bottles and take to your cabin, so whatever you don't drink during Cruise #1, you have for Cruise #2.  Rinse and repeat as needed.

I'll be on Magic in January for the first time, so looking forward to your reports.

Go Buckeyes!! 😁

I will probably buy a wine package onboard. I hope to not need it after week one, the plan is to see if I can buy a couple bottles from the duty free shop last night of first cruise. I'm hoping to be able to carry them over since they won't be checking if I am B2B.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

I'll be following!  Looking forward to your live review.  We will be sailing on the Magic in February so you will be giving us a preview..

Thanks for following along! I'll have a lot of pics for a good sneak peak at the ship 🚢 

11 hours ago, DanWin said:

Hi Jam19872016!   Have a safe drive to Miami.  We sail on the Magic tomorrow also!  It is me, my husband and our adult son. We’ve been on the Magic several times before but this is our first time sailing any ship from Port Miami. Does anyone know how we know which terminal we will be sailing from or is the only way to find by following the digital signs at the port? Thank you and have a great vacation!

It might be listed at the port of Miami website.

Carnival uses Terminals D-F but they are all in a row so if you plug D into your navigation it will lead you where you need to be and if it's not there, keep going down the line. There will be excellent signage telling you where to go. 

Terminal F is a nightmare, so let's cross our fingers for D or E.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DanWin said:

Hi Jam19872016!   Have a safe drive to Miami.  We sail on the Magic tomorrow also!  It is me, my husband and our adult son. We’ve been on the Magic several times before but this is our first time sailing any ship from Port Miami. Does anyone know how we know which terminal we will be sailing from or is the only way to find by following the digital signs at the port? Thank you and have a great vacation!

Just checked port of Miami website, we got Terminal D and Celebration got stuck with F which makes no sense as D is set up to handle larger crowds than F. Lucky us!

We will be docked facing downtown which means we will also get to sail towards the Miami skyline to turn around and sail out. We will get the full Miami sail away experience. Double lucky us! 

• Like 9

Packing is done. 

I succeeded in packing COO. It helps that I have free laundry.

The plan is to be on the road tomorrow around 8, and no later than 830.

See everyone for tomorrow for cruise day!!

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Just checked port of Miami website, we got Terminal D and Celebration got stuck with F which makes no sense as D is set up to handle larger crowds than F. Lucky us!

We will be docked facing downtown which means we will also get to sail towards the Miami skyline to turn around and sail out. We will get the full Miami sail away experience. Double lucky us! 

Thanks for sharing the terminal info

Sea you on board 

• Like 1

The drive down wasn't too terrible for Miami. I only got almost run off the road twice. 

Five speed traps in 100 miles, glad I was driving slow.

No congestion until we reached the port. I'm not sure I've ever got to the port exit off 95 without congestion. 

The port is a hot mess, but at least we had the first terminal. Folks on Celebration can add at least five minutes to reach the extra 800 feet or so to their terminal.

• Like 10

They were very generous with the shrimp and the spicy sauce! My mouth is on fire and I love it! 

Maybe it's all in my head, but the precut piece of cake wasn't great. Kind of dried out. The funfetti sliced in front of me was still good.

Off to Cucina to possibly make dinner reservations for tonight.

• Like 9