Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

15 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Well that stinks, I've gotten spoiled with Mardi Gras at T3 in Port Canaveral. lol

And thank you for your suggestion - I use Chrome but I was able to open the schedule with Edge for 12/10 and 12/17. Maybe it will show which way the ship will dock closer to the date. I don't recall ever seeing that info for Port Canaveral.

Thank goodness you have your mobile bar with you!! I would have missed that. 😂

T3 is way way bigger and better equipped to deal with Mega ships. Terminal F was built a long long time ago when ships were much smaller. 

Definitely made sure I had the mobile bar this time 😆. Since I don't leave my monkey hanging out it's how people recognize me since I don't do selfies 😅 

10 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I don't think we ever went to the piano bar on Freedom but we had to sit in the walkway area outside of it on Magic. It was packed!

Red Frog seemed bigger to me on Freedom.

Packed so far and as good as she is I expect it to stay that way. Red frog seems smaller but I haven't peaked in yet.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Haha 7

Dan the Man. Hilarious 😂

Just June. Omg lives up to the hype.

They have great comedians on this ship. Both had me laughing harder than I've laughed in a very long time.

I'm almost done for the night gonna make one last pass to piano bar or night club 🤪 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Do you carry your own glass around, or ask for one at the bars?  I carry a bottle similar to yours, but it’s filled with iced tea.  EM

Depends. Tonight I've been reusing a glass but if all else fails I ask for an empty from the bar.

• Like 2

Did I say dream class was my favorite?? Gonna need to reevaluate that statement. Late night snacks very crowded hope it dies down before I need it.

Back at piano bar. Made it inside but about to pass out..

17010616402638926915149555809040.thumb.jpg.c9dfc953be2aad1c7216c73c44cf1b28.jpg

I think she's done??

Maybe I need to check put nightclub. 

Or my bed.

• Like 8

Good morning...almost afternoon. 

Back when I was still in the corporate world we had to fill out a correction of errors (COE) every month.

In it we had to reflect on something that didn't go as planned, where it went wrong, and what we can do to improve results next time. 

Last night needs a COE.

I enjoyed one (more than one) too many adult beverages. I know my limits but I was using a wine glass for 🍾 and did not realize how big my pours were until my mobile bar was almost empty. I will be sure to use the correct glass going forward.

Now the COE wasn't meant to be negative so we also had to reflect on something that went well.

Past mistakes taught me Cheers! is not worth it for me, so I don't have to worry about getting value today and can just take it easy.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Just June is hilarious.  We love the Magic!

She was a riot. Such a treat.

2 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Good morning!  

are we ready for another day?!!!

you bet we are ☺☺

Hugs!!

Moving a little slow today 😆 

• Like 4

I wanted to do some pasta for lunch but my stomach was feeling funny and I needed something quick to settle it so I stopped at the buffet.

I got a small helping of shrimp and grits, mashed potatoes, and a jalapeño hush puppy.

Those grits are just as good as I remember from Freedom. I wonder how long I've been missing those since I usually avoid Carnival's buffet. 

I didn't eat the hush puppy, wasn't good. The potatoes were thick and lumpy which is how I love them. 

Two pieces of cake, one precut one not. I think I'll avoid the precut ones, they have both been dried out like they were cut some time ago.

I wanted to get a coffee and try to get this day going but I'm not feeling well at all (I wonder why) so I'm going to lay back down for a little while.

• Like 6

Didn't sleep but rested for a bit and scrolled on my phone.

Grabbing a bite. I want to try to do more salads this trip. I need a meat and cheese station to add to it if this is gonna work and I don't see one.

I made a salad and grabbed a little of a pre-made salad hopefully at least one will hit the spot.

1701115818542531462355695932405.thumb.jpg.929be99749887269aed2fc64e3315fbc.jpg

17011158489042193793265804672445.thumb.jpg.3f121410cf1e38585d264faa5a405668.jpg

• Like 6

Pre-made salad wasn't good but the one I made was pretty good. I could probably get creative and hit the carving station or deli for some meat to add to my salad. They also had bacon bits I might try that.

Starting to come to life now. This coffee ought to get me the rest of the way there.

17011176814733380358083079645468.thumb.jpg.90203f81972321aebc228566b8906a90.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I know you aren’t intending to go ashore much, but are you somewhere today?

Today is Half Moon Cay which is Carnival's private island (or more specifically Holland America). 

I half way wanted to take a walk to the far far end of the beach like I had done years ago. It's too rocky to be usable so it's very secluded and the kind of spot I like to see.

I've also heard there is a nature trail that I thought about checking out. 

If I had been more responsible last night I probably still would not have made it, we have to take a tender as there is no dock and it's a pretty big ship for tender operations. With the way I was feeling I definitely ruled that out.

It doesn't feel too hot out. Worst sunburn of my life occurred here. I still have a mark on my forehead from that day. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1