Question re adjoining cabins

IpswichChris

We're inexperienced cruisers - have only been on the Wind Surf.  Looking at deck plans for the motor yachts, appears that majority of the cabins are adjoining suites.  I've always avoided adjoining rooms in hotels since there's noticeably less privacy between the two rooms.  But since there are so many adjoining suites on these motor yachts, I'm guessing (hoping) that this isn't the same issue on the ships?

In most cases on Windstar ships, connected cabins aren't connected by a door in the wall between cabins.

Each pair of cabins is accesed from a short hall off the central hallway. For connected cabins, that short hall has a door that can close it from the main hall so that the cabins connect through their regular doors.

10 hours ago, oakridger said:

This YouTube video shows what @new_cruiser has explained.  I don't imagine a lot of extra noise with these unless your neighbor is really rude and clueless!  Ha!  I would let them know to be quiet if that happened.

Bing Videos

~Nancy

Thanks everyone - I get it now, not at all the same thing as hotel adjoining rooms.  Good to know👍

• Like 1

Just to add that the "connectiveness" comes if two parties want to close the  big hallway door and then leave their individual cabin doors open to create a joint foyer. We used to travel this way when our children were in their teens. Individual doors can still be closed for sleeping or privacy.