San Francisco to Alaska Cruise Question

Aoumd

So I'm looking at my cruise options for next year, and in addition to the usual suspects, see some 10-day and 11-day cruises from San Francisco to Alaska in August.  My son (will be 7) LOVES playing with other kids in Camp Ocean and also is very social.  My question is: Have any families done this cruise before, and are there more than a handful of families on these longer Alaska itineraries?

On the one hand, the 10/11-day length and smaller Spirit Class size of ship might mean fewer families and kids on board. On the other hand, in early-to-mid August, many schools across the US are still on summer vacation (ours doesn't start up again until the last week of August), so it's still a school break week (or two). Curious what to expect in terms of passenger mix if we decide to make this our family vacation next year.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Edited by Aoumd

Thanks this is reassuring!  My concern was basically whether or not my son would be the only kid in the Stingrays group (ages 6-8) at Camp Ocean for many of the programs, or if there would be at least a few other kids on a typical day in the program.

We were on the Miracle 10 day to Alaska from SFO this past June. There were lots of kids on board. My 7 year old niece was with us and made lots of friends and we literally had to peel her away from the kids club every day to get her to come to dinner or go to bed. They do a good job of keeping young whippersnappers engaged.

8 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

We were on the Miracle 10 day to Alaska from SFO this past June. There were lots of kids on board. My 7 year old niece was with us and made lots of friends and we literally had to peel her away from the kids club every day to get her to come to dinner or go to bed. They do a good job of keeping young whippersnappers engaged.

Excellent, thank you!

Schools in California usually start in mid August, so families from this area (which comprise a large percentage of San Francisco boarding cruisers) probably won't be on board.  I'll guess that fewer kids would actually be a plus with more individual attention in the Kids Club.  Go for it!