Celebration vs. Jubilee Christmas 2024

browerjs

Looking to book a Cruise over Christmas next year on either the Celebration or the Jubilee.  I'm leaning towards the Celebration because Miami is typically easier/cheaper to fly to from Ohio, and the cruise is a couple hundred cheaper.  The itinerary is exactly the same.

The only reason I see to book the Jubilee is because it's a newer ship, but essentially the same as the Celebration

The only Carnival cruise i've been on is the Mardi Gras in March of this year.

Galveston is a pain in the you know what to get to if you aren't driving to the port. You have to fly into IAH or HOU then take an expensive hour to hour and a half cab/Uber ride to get to the port. Then the reverse going home. Miami is much easier of you are flying in. If its the same itinerary and costs less, go with Celebration from Miami. Its basically the exact same ship just with a few venue differences.

We are doing Jubilee next year but I have a very good friend that we can stay with close to Galveston so it takes away some of the expense. If it weren't for him and his family we wouldn't sail from Galveston since we live in Chicago area and the Florida ports are a bit easier to access for us 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Galveston is a pain in the you know what to get to if you aren't driving to the port. You have to fly into IAH or HOU then take an expensive hour to hour and a half cab/Uber ride to get to the port. Then the reverse going home. Miami is much easier of you are flying in. If its the same itinerary and costs less, go with Celebration from Miami. Its basically the exact same ship just with a few venue differences.

Agreed with what stobe said. Did Galveston once and won't be going again...

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Galveston is a pain in the you know what to get to if you aren't driving to the port.

I agree - I would go with Celebration (we just got off on Sunday).  Even though we had a very full ship at 6,233 passengers, it was a great trip.  

Unfortunately for us, Galveston is a closer port (but still a 4 hour flight) so we will probably switch to Jubilee from now on, but I hate the drive to port from the airport.

1 minute ago, browerjs said:

Thanks all!  We booked the Celebration last night.  Only 389 days to go!

Great choice! You will be onboard in no time, literally...the facial recognition and Port of Miami know how to get things moving along. From drop off to on the ship took 22 minutes at 11am. Have a great time!