Getting back FCC when cancelling cruise

f1jon

We booked a 21 day cruise from South Hampton to Galveston, in October 2024 through a TA.  We paid a deposit of $800 plus our future cruise credit that we received from a flight booking we didn't take was automatically applied. I know we will loose the $800 if we need to cancel this cruise but will the future cruise credit be given back to us automatically? This FCC is set to expire June, 2024.

4 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The fcc should go back into your Captain's circle account with the cancelled booking number no longer attached. 

I think it will depend on when the OP cancels if after final payment and thus in penalty windows of increasing amounts of cancellation fees.

I would ask if there is a chance you might cancel, see if you can have the FCC put back into your account NOW, as you seem to have already paid the required ‘$800’ deposit, so it appears your FCC is actually excess deposit amount? 

When was your FCC granted and applied to the booking? I had a booking where I used a FCD for the initial deposit. A few months later,  Princess finally processed my Covid quarantine FCC and when they posted it to my account, it then automatically was applied to 2 future bookings. Is this similar to you, which would explain why you have $800 deposit and your FCC on your booking?

4 hours ago, wallyj said:

I think it will depend on when the OP cancels if after final payment and thus in penalty windows of increasing amounts of cancellation fees.

I would ask if there is a chance you might cancel, see if you can have the FCC put back into your account NOW, as you seem to have already paid the required ‘$800’ deposit, so it appears your FCC is actually excess deposit amount? 

When was your FCC granted and applied to the booking? I had a booking where I used a FCD for the initial deposit. A few months later,  Princess finally processed my Covid quarantine FCC and when they posted it to my account, it then automatically was applied to 2 future bookings. Is this similar to you, which would explain why you have $800 deposit and your FCC on your booking?

They stated the cruise is in October of 2024, which wouldn't occur any penalties.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:55 PM, f1jon said:

We booked a 21 day cruise from South Hampton to Galveston, in October 2024 through a TA.  We paid a deposit of $800 plus our future cruise credit that we received from a flight booking we didn't take was automatically applied. I know we will loose the $800 if we need to cancel this cruise but will the future cruise credit be given back to us automatically? This FCC is set to expire June, 2024.

As long as you cancel before the FCC expires it will go back into your account.