Wine packages are back.

HaveDogWillTravel

On 12/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, XBGuy said:

@HaveDogWillTravel, I read into your post that there is no discount on these packages if one signs up for the Plus or Premier pricing.  Am I correct in that, or did I misunderstand?

FWIW, the three-bottle Sparkling Wine package looks the most attractive to me.

Me too!  Can you purchase this in addition to the Plus or Platinum package and would you get the 25% discount on the bottles if you did....I know, wishful thinking.   If not, we would have to weigh the differences in price in the new Wine Package vs pricing outside the package with 25% off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Me too!  Can you purchase this in addition to the Plus or Platinum package and would you get the 25% discount on the bottles if you did....I know, wishful thinking.   If not, we would have to weigh the differences in price in the new Wine Package vs pricing outside the package with 25% off.

At some point I was going to look at the menus and see what percentage discount these wine packages represent. I’ll post the MDR wine menu and the vines wine menu so you can do this for yourself if you wish. 

Well it seems I can’t add pictures this morning. I’ll try again later. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I'm sorry, we are out of that wine ...

True that. That is the whole wild card. I have really grown distrustful of Princess’ ability to reliably have nice wines on board in sufficient quantities. For this itinerary 34 days with very few ports I decided to roll the dice. But if I drive to the port and my husband/pack mule is with me I will still be bringing my wine with me. Maybe after a year or two of Princess always providing good inventory they just might earn my trust back. 

I’m so grateful that we have nice wines at least for now. . According to my MDR folks there’s only 3 bottles left of the Grgich hills merlot. 

Room service has Belle Goss Pinot noir which is nice but I don’t know how long that will last. 

I’ve found a lovely unoaked Chardonnay in vines and if I’m lucky the Chardonnay drinkers won’t like it. I’m normally an anything but Chardonnay girl but Jatin twisted my arm and I tried it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are currently on the Enchanted.  No mention of wine packages.  I'll ask tonight as one of the Sommeliers stops by at dinner every night.   🤷‍♂️

We spoke to our Sommelier tonight regarding the wine package.  He said that it has been available on the Enchanted for a few weeks.  It has not been popular because it is a set of pre-selected wines and passengers have wanted to pick their own choices off of the bottle wine list.

Because of this they have not been advertising the packages.  They have asked management to make a change to allow customers to make their own selections off the wine list.  They are waiting for a response.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1