Saver fare t&cs Britannia

glennc

Hi 

I booked a saver cabin with P&O on Britannia Xmas cruise as we are not overly concerned about the location of our cabin on the ship.

When we received confirmation of our cabin number we have been allocated an adapted cabin with different facilities than advertised on the website for our booking.

I spoke to P&O and confirmed that I didn't request or need an adapted cabin and asked if we could move to a standard one as another party may need these facilities. PO refused the request and stated that they can allocate any cabin (at the class we booked) they feel fit to a saver fare.

Has any one else experienced a similar thing. Not only are we tying up a cabin that someone may need, P&O are also changing what we thought we had booked.

Thanks

Not on P&O but on Cunard. We were allocated an adapted cabin, which in fact was great, and like you we pointed out that someone who really needs one would not be able to use it. Ironically now when we need an adapted cabin on Iona we can’t get one. 

Edited by sandancer

32 minutes ago, glennc said:

Hi 

I booked a saver cabin with P&O on Britannia Xmas cruise as we are not overly concerned about the location of our cabin on the ship.

When we received confirmation of our cabin number we have been allocated an adapted cabin with different facilities than advertised on the website for our booking.

I spoke to P&O and confirmed that I didn't request or need an adapted cabin and asked if we could move to a standard one as another party may need these facilities. PO refused the request and stated that they can allocate any cabin (at the class we booked) they feel fit to a saver fare.

Has any one else experienced a similar thing. Not only are we tying up a cabin that someone may need, P&O are also changing what we thought we had booked.

Thanks

You will find that it is a much bigger cabin, they are 50% wider than the standard cabins. The main difference is that the bathroom is a wet room set up, but it is much bigger than the normal teeny bathrooms.

I guess the main reason you have been allocated this cabin is probably because there are far fewer passengers needing an adapted cabin on a fly cruise.

You probably won't want to go back to the smaller standard cabins once you have experienced the size of these.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, glennc said:

Hi 

Thanks

Speaking as a couple who are unable to cruise unless we can secure an adapted cabin (my wife is a full time wheelchair user), thank you for trying to offload your allocated cabin to someone who has no choice but to use one. They are very difficult to secure and those of us who need them are rarely able to secure last minute cruises as a result. 

I do think it’s a great shame that P&O don’t have a waiting list system for adapted cabins. We would do more last minute cruises if we had a call to say that an adapted balcony cabin was available at a late save rate, but this is not a service that they offer. 

However, far better that the cabin is used than sit empty, so if you know that you are not depriving a disabled person from cruising then just enjoy the extra space! 

• Like 2