Live from Rotterdam Dec 3 - 22. Daily mini review

QuattroRomeo

3 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

We docked on time this morning in Grand Turk. Finally some better weather! We enjoyed Bajari Beach and it wasn't crowded at all. The waves were pretty strong today and it rained a bit on and off, but still beautiful and relaxing! One of our favourite spots.

20231217_085817.jpg

20231217_085929.jpg

20231217_085821.jpg

20231217_100123.jpg

Was this a ship tour of something you did on your own.

32 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Goodness! We've been onboard since Thanksgiving and haven't been to all the places you've taken pictures of! Good on you! Wish we could find you somewhere!

Are you doing any tour in SanJuan? I'll be on "Puerto Rico's Favourites" tour!

I tend to walk a lot around the ship, in an effort to keep the calories down!!

Another very rocky night and morning! I feel for the first-time cruisers on board. We get into San Juan at 1 pm are still travelling quite quickly. 

This leg of the cruise, being a 7 day one, has a generally younger demographic and several families- of course it is close to Christmas as well. Apparently this crowd prefers the Lido to the more traditional sit-down dining rooms, so a restaurant manager told me they have had to shift more waiters to the Lido. 

I'll be doing a tour this afternoon which includes the El Yunque; haven't done that area before so looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

The Puerto Rico Favourites tour yesterday was a little irritating. The description needs some beefing up and I will definitely send a review when the time comes. The first part drives to a fort and the guide takes you inside, up some steps (elevator is broken), he gave a little talk inside, then a longish walk through a very dark tunnel, then inside that part he says you have 40 minutes and to meet back at the bus! I had thought it would be a panoramic drive-by. I can walk around just fine but wasn't planning on a fort walk. If you have walking problems, don't do this tour. There were 2 gift shops in the fort. One on the main level, one upstairs. Main is bigger. I saw one suit of 16C armour. If you have been to the Malta armouries, this was a little underwhelming! 

The bus was a 25 seater- 10 rows of 2 and 5 seats in a row across the back. None of the seats were comfortable and were quite narrow. There was a lot of jockeying for position with the seats after each stop. The windows were large but tinted. Couldn't take pictures on the drive up the misty rainforest hill, too dark. And the drive back in the evening was dark because of the tint. Any time we hit a bump we hit incredibly hard. Not much suspension.

The rainforest was beautiful and the best part of it I find is the fresh air and the smell of the forest. We only had 2 stops, 20 minutes each, one had a washroom. No shops or food.

Apparently the tour that does only the rainforest has 4 stops and one includes a shop with snacks. None of this is in the descriptions. 

On the drive out of town, the guide pointed out different buildings and once on the highway it was interesting to see the outskirts of the city and a couple of the next cities. Photos during the drive didn't turn out that well of course. 

Edited by QuattroRomeo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3