Live from Rotterdam Dec 3 - 22. Daily mini review

QuattroRomeo

23 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Today we docked early in Falmouth, Jamaica (substitute for Key West). We don't have plans for a tour but I will check out the terminal area for shopping. 

Did you feel Falmouth was a satisfactory substitute for Key West?

Key West has been removed from every cruise I've had since right before the restart, so I'm hesitant to try again.

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @QuattroRomeo was the Spiked Eggnog on a special drink menu (maybe holiday menu) at Grand Dutch or other bar? Do you have a picture showing it available? Thanks!!

Yes definitely at Grand Dutch! Unfortunately they ran out of eggnog on the ship a couple of days ago, so I am hoping they restock in Ft Lauderdale tomorrow for the next leg! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Did you feel Falmouth was a satisfactory substitute for Key West?

Key West has been removed from every cruise I've had since right before the restart, so I'm hesitant to try again.

We've never made it to Key West either, so don't really know!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@QuattroRomeo Congratulations on receiving your 100 day medallions. We love Captain Timmers and try to go to all of his talks. He could be a comedian. He has some great stories. One of the best captains. 

Thanks! And yes the Captain has been fun. If you haven't heard it already, next Q& A with the Captain ask him about the man overboard that didn't want to be rescued!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Thanks! And yes the Captain has been fun. If you haven't heard it already, next Q& A with the Captain ask him about the man overboard that didn't want to be rescued!

We are on Rotterdam as well til 1-14th. The captain told the funny story last year as well.

Our reindeer:

20231212_094352.thumb.jpg.571cb345ae9d2c9636495c3af7dcbf0a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

This may be my favorite towel art ever!!

55 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We are on Rotterdam as well til 1-14th. The captain told the funny story last year as well.

Our reindeer:

20231212_094352.thumb.jpg.571cb345ae9d2c9636495c3af7dcbf0a.jpg

It's so great to see the towel animals with eyes (and a nose) again!  The last few years this has been a big pet peeve of mine that the HAL towel animals no longer have had eyes on the poor things! Eyes give them that extra personality. Some people have speculated that the paper eyes caused a laundry problem, but I have seen on other Carnival Corp. forums that those lines are still giving their towel critters eyes!  🤷‍♀️

The little Reindeer is new to me and very cute!

~Nancy

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Wandered the ship for awhile; the "end of cruise sales" had the same prices they've been all cruise. Went to the World Stage and watched Origin Story again. 

20231214_113922.jpg

20231214_114653.jpg

20231214_141034.jpg

Looks like they don't have a Catholic priest on board for this cruise.  That is rather unusual but maybe since it is Advent season they could not get a priest.

• Like 1