Live from Rotterdam Dec 3 - 22. Daily mini review

QuattroRomeo

12 hours ago, keeponcruising said:

Nope, doesn't work.  I'll have to bring mine or maybe a sock over that one will work.  Anyone with curly hair knows what a blow dryer without the right attachment does to curly hair!

That black attachment does come off, you kind of have to pull/twist it to get it off though.  I use a diffuser too and bring my own hair dryer.  I've looked at many different diffusers to see if any of them would fit and determined that they wouldn't.  

Linda R.

Another sea day today- very choppy water this morning, definitely rocking and rolling! We ordered room service for breakfast. They said it would be an hour, but it came in half that time. 

Didn't go to the show last night- it was the Musicology with One Step dancers. Last night the meal in CO was terrific with the Gala menu for dressy night. Will post photos in a bit as I am off to the M&G this am. But, spoiler alert, I took the plunge and tried the Morimoto lobster!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Another sea day today- very choppy water this morning, definitely rocking and rolling! We ordered room service for breakfast. They said it would be an hour, but it came in half that time. 

Didn't go to the show last night- it was the Musicology with One Step dancers. Last night the meal in CO was terrific with the Gala menu for dressy night. Will post photos in a bit as I am off to the M&G this am. But, spoiler alert, I took the plunge and tried the Morimoto lobster!

I'm interested in how you liked the lobster. I'm considering that next week.

11 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

That black attachment does come off, you kind of have to pull/twist it to get it off though.  I use a diffuser too and bring my own hair dryer.  I've looked at many different diffusers to see if any of them would fit and determined that they wouldn't.  

Linda R.

Thank you for letting me know.  If if can come off, then you can use this diffuser I purchased on Amazon.  I checked and right now it is $14.99 and has a 10% off coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FWXZ67F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TravelDiffuser.jpg.faa693ae04ca4e9b22b921c194f06586.jpg

5 minutes ago, keeponcruising said:

Thank you for letting me know.  If if can come off, then you can use this diffuser I purchased on Amazon.  I checked and right now it is $14.99 and has a 10% off coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FWXZ67F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TravelDiffuser.jpg.faa693ae04ca4e9b22b921c194f06586.jpg

I would love it if this worked, would safe some packing space!  If at all possible, can you come back and let us know if it fit?  I had measured the opening on the one on the ship and it was pretty large.  Also, it's tapered but with the silicone grips on this diffuser, as long as it fits on, it should stay in place.  Thanks for coming back with this info!

Linda R.

Our Gala menu dinner last night. I took photos of the menu and the CO dining room but they didn't upload in jpg. Thankfully the meals did! 

DH had the rack of lamb, very good. We both had the tomato-chive-potato-dumpling soup. It was really good. The tomato part was the best, the potato cubes and one dumpling were not needed.

The Morimoto lobster was very good- so tender, and just lightly spiced. It came with a bowl of rice to soak up the sauce. Would I have it again? Yes! Dessert was the flourless chocolate cake. Tiny, but good.

20231205_151816.jpg

20231205_154751.jpg

20231205_154905.jpg

20231205_161555.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

I would love it if this worked, would safe some packing space!  If at all possible, can you come back and let us know if it fit?  I had measured the opening on the one on the ship and it was pretty large.  Also, it's tapered but with the silicone grips on this diffuser, as long as it fits on, it should stay in place.  Thanks for coming back with this info!

Linda R.

It opens pretty wide, but will not work if the diffuser stays on.  

I tried the gingerbread latte, found it too sweet. But the spiked eggnog is heavenly!

We are en route to Curacao, going extra fast to get there sooner. Apparently someone is critically ill, and the captain called for blood donors. Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

Wednesday afternoon I went to a Mixology class.  The topic was mojitos and margaritas. I'm not a big drinker and really knew nothing about them so it was fun and informative. They made 4 drinks, explaining the methods and tools along with a lot of banter and dancing bartenders. I tasted all 4 but drank only 2, enough booze for me! But I think my favourite was the regular mojito. For the price, $15, I think it was worth it; lasted about an hour and 20 minutes.

• Like 7

We had dinner in CO. We both had the zucchini bisque, which was as good as we remembered. I had the daily special- braised short ribs- nice and tender. DH had the striploin but didn't really care for it. We also shared a small dish of Beechers mac n cheese, because we've read about it on CC but never had it before. It was pretty good, sharper cheese taste than I expected and Roy (rafinmd) is right- the crust is the best!

• Like 2