Cabin door decorations? And is there a search option on these boards?

splinkaone

6 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

What cruise lines do you typically cruise with?  This is rather common with most of the mass market cruise lines.

For me, we have only to this point sailed Viking and Uniworld.  River and Ocean.  We are actively looking at other lines now which is one reason I find this topic so interesting.

• Like 1

We don't bother with decorating, but it is interesting to see what other people do. We've mostly seen decorations celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Quite entertaining whilst walking the endless corridors.🙂

17 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

What cruise lines do you typically cruise with?  This is rather common with most of the mass market cruise lines.

Many throughout the years such as HAL, Carnival, Cunard, RCCL, NCL. but most  recently Crystal, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea.

We bring along photos taken on other cruises, or of us doing things other cruisers might conceivably find interesting - such as caving. We change the photo each day, and some in our hallway remark that they look forward to the new photo each day.
Other's decorations come in handy to alert us to the fact that we took a wrong turn and are on the wrong side of the ship! 😉

• Like 2

My artist daughter made us two goldfish (kissing) and a couple bubbles.  I glued on magnets (like the free ones from the pizza shop) and laminated them.  They fit into a half-sized manila envelope, and they're easy to stick on as soon as we arrive.  

Obviously we can find our room number, but it's just easier and more pleasant to look for our fish. 

If some lines discourage door decorations, I suspect it has to do with people using materials that damage the doors.  

• Like 1

I always stick a magnet on the door when I'm cruising with mom, since her eyesight isn't great (and her memory is worse). I must admit, it's a nice souvenir to put on the fridge when I get home. I can't see myself doing those big, ornate decorations I've seen in the past- mostly because I would be afraid they wouldn't survive the flight.

OP- I believe NCL doesn't allow door decorations, but I've never had a problem with my magnet.