NCL Pearl / Room near elevator concerns

VIKINGCRUISER

Looking to go on a cruise on NCL Pearl.

I spoke with a TA and one of the rooms I was given in the category I am looking (BA) Is right next to the elevator bank.

Yes, I can be a light sleeper, but don't intend to be in too early every night (Midnight or so).

Just wondering from people who have had a room next to the elevator banks, is there is a lot of noise from the doors opening and closing and from the people (especially towards the end of the evening), or the rooms are pretty well sound proof?

Any opinions appreciated!

38 minutes ago, VIKINGCRUISER said:

I spoke with a TA and one of the rooms I was given in the category I am looking (BA) Is right next to the elevator bank.

Yes, I can be a light sleeper, but don't intend to be in too early every night (Midnight or so).

Just wondering from people who have had a room next to the elevator banks, is there is a lot of noise from the doors opening and closing and from the people (especially towards the end of the evening), or the rooms are pretty well sound proof?

I have had several cabins near the elevator banks-- no problem at all.  You might hear a loud child or drunk in the hallway, but other than that you should be fine.

The Pearl is a wonderful ship with a great staff.

Enjoy

44 minutes ago, VIKINGCRUISER said:

I avoid cabins near elevator banks like the plague - right or wrong.

Mostly due to the foot traffic likely to be nearby. I prefer at least a couple of rooms down the hall at a minimum.

Also, there often is a stairway adjacent as well - another worry for same reason.

I sailed on the Jewel way back, but I don't recall the layouts near the elevators.

On some ships, the elevator banks are more enclosed than others, helping to contain the "problems".

We have had rooms right off of the elevator lobbies several times and have had no issues at all, sound-wise.

If you are a light sleeper, though, you might consider bringing a small portable white noise machine with you to help mask any noises that may be present from the hallways. I have one that I sometimes travel with that fits in the palm of my hand, but does a great job.

We've had rooms near the elevators in the past and found that they are fine during "normal" cruises during the year... but during school vacations / multi-generational type cruises rooms near the elevators were brutal. Kids running to the elevators... thump.. thump.. thump... mini family reunions at 2:00 am at the elevator lobby, etc.

We always book a midship balcony as close to the elevator/stairs as possible, and I think because we had younger children they always booked us in a family balcony close to the kids club. Zero noise issues on the spirit, jewel, gem and breakaway. I’m a super light sleeper. We don’t use elevators but love to be able to be right by the stairs.

1 hour ago, Pitzel said:

We have had rooms right off of the elevator lobbies several times and have had no issues at all, sound-wise.

If you are a light sleeper, though, you might consider bringing a small portable white noise machine with you to help mask any noises that may be present from the hallways. I have one that I sometimes travel with that fits in the palm of my hand, but does a great job.

I used to bring one but now just use white noise apps on my phone.

• Like 1

The elevator areas are not wide open spaces. They are a "lobby" with smaller single type openings to the passageways.

The only times there will be much "noise" is when folks are headed to meals or shows. No one, or very few, hang out in the elevator gathering spaces.

There is no elevator noise.

I think you would be fine there.