Enclave- thermal suite

luv4cruises

We are on Discovery 12/30 sailing, a cruise we’ve done many times as Southern Cal residents. Usually we only book one or two excursions , always one in Cabo.  Since Michigan is playing in Rose  Bowl we have cancelled our Cabo Excursion. We trust Princess will be showing the Rose Bowl!🤞🤞🤞.

in lieu of excursions I have booked the thermal suite pass. 
I have never used the thermal suite on Princess but am very familiar with the Persian Garden on Celebrity.  Any feed back you can provide on the Princess  equivalent would be gratefully appreciated. .  TIA! 

It’s wonderful! There’s a thalassotherapy pool that has a water feature raining down in the middle, jets for your back, jets for your body, and then a big metal rung lounging platform with jets. There are heated stone loungers and water bed style loungers. The 3 rooms include various steam rooms and styles. Lastly, there’s a set of showers with a variety of water styles. 

• Like 1

Whenever we're on a ship with the Enclave, we always book it for the entire cruise. It's wonderfully relaxing to spend time in the pool and on the heated loungers. These help circulation. We have a 18-day cruise coming up on Majestic and the Enclave is the thing we are most looking forward to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dudleydog73 said:

What is the current pricing for the enclave?

It's about $20 per person per day. We were happy to hear that it was open on the first evening onboard our cruise this week. Otherwise, you only get six days out of a seven day pass.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:17 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

It’s wonderful! There’s a thalassotherapy pool that has a water feature raining down in the middle, jets for your back, jets for your body, and then a big metal rung lounging platform with jets. There are heated stone loungers and water bed style loungers. The 3 rooms include various steam rooms and styles. Lastly, there’s a set of showers with a variety of water styles. 

I’m thrilled that there is a thalassotheraoy  pool - something Celebrity Solstice and Edge class ships do not. Thank you for your info.  Take care. 

6 hours ago, Nora86 said:

Can we reserve and pay for an enclave cabana ahead of time? The only option I see online is for the thermal suite. This has probably been answered but I'm really bad at searching. Thanks!

The thermal suite is the Enclave (I am not sure what you mean by enclave cabana).   We always reserve ahead of time for it is about $149/pp/week if reserved ahead of time. It can be as high as $49/pp for a single day if booked while on the ship.

Edited by TAW1963
  • Thanks 1

Just another opinion about Princess' Enclave Spas. Having sailed on most of Celebrity ships and several Princess ships, IMO the Enclave on the Royal Class ships (and newer I can only assume) are far superior to anything on Celebrity since the end of the Century Class ships. Night and day difference. In our experience only the newer MSC Class ships are at least comparable to Princess. Celebrity has really dropped the ball when it comes to spas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sptrout said:

Just another opinion about Princess' Enclave Spas. Having sailed on most of Celebrity ships and several Princess ships, IMO the Enclave on the Royal Class ships (and newer I can only assume) are far superior to anything on Celebrity since the end of the Century Class ships. Night and day difference. In our experience only the newer MSC Class ships are at least comparable to Princess. Celebrity has really dropped the ball when it comes to spas.

And we have found just the opposite on MSC.  We loved the thermal spa on the MSC Seaside! Amazing. We recently tried the Enclave on Regal and there was no comparison!  And the pool was closed for maintenance but even if it wasn't I don't see that Regal's was worth it.  JMHO

Edited by suzyed

13 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

The thermal suite is the Enclave (I am not sure what you mean by enclave cabana).   We always reserve ahead of time for it is about $149/pp/week if reserved ahead of time. It can be as high as $49/pp for a single day if booked while on the ship.

We're on Crown Princess and I thought I read there were some cabanas or lounge chairs to rent next to the adults only pool. We really wouldn't use saunas, steam rooms, spa treatments etc. But I'd love a dedicated spot by a quieter pool.

21 hours ago, Nora86 said:

Can we reserve and pay for an enclave cabana ahead of time? The only option I see online is for the thermal suite. This has probably been answered but I'm really bad at searching. Thanks!

You are talking about two different areas. The Enclave is a thermal suite that includes warm stone beds. The Sanctuary is an area for relaxing that includes private/reserved loungers and reservable cabanas. Two different areas of the ship.

The Enclave is wonderful. We just did 15-days on The Enchanted and I probably spent 20 hours in there. The pounding jets are wonderful for sore muscles and all the various bubblers are great for circulation.

Relaxing on the heated stone beds while reading was a favorite. It’s so quiet in there, even when the jets are on. (It’s a different type of quiet.)

51 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

The Enclave is wonderful. We just did 15-days on The Enchanted and I probably spent 20 hours in there. The pounding jets are wonderful for sore muscles and all the various bubblers are great for circulation.

Relaxing on the heated stone beds while reading was a favorite. It’s so quiet in there, even when the jets are on. (It’s a different type of quiet.)

I'm always warm so I'm usually uncomfortable in saunas but sounds like there's more to it. My DH and I have all kinds of muscle issues. Thanks for sharing

55 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

You are talking about two different areas. The Enclave is a thermal suite that includes warm stone beds. The Sanctuary is an area for relaxing that includes private/reserved loungers and reservable cabanas. Two different areas of the ship.

Thank you! Do you know if we can book in the Sanctuary before the cruise? Or is that the place everybody runs to for reservations immediately? I'm assuming it's wheelchair accessible. 

1 hour ago, Nora86 said:

Thank you! Do you know if we can book in the Sanctuary before the cruise? Or is that the place everybody runs to for reservations immediately? I'm assuming it's wheelchair accessible. 

I don't know enough about the Sanctuary to get the details, but, yes, it's the hurry up and run for reservations part of the cruise. I think that's especially true in The Caribbean. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sptrout said:

Could be, my memory of these two types of ships is fading. As you can see in my signature, MSC was our last non-Celebrity cruise, and the Regal was a couple years earlier. MSC's spa as I remember it, has numerous small rooms each with different features; from a pool, to a salt room, to an ice room, etc. Easy to lose your partner LOL. The Princess Regal, as I recall, was one large room with a variety of options all easy to find, but overall fewer options than the two MSC Ships that we have been on.

In any case, either brand is light years ahead of Celebrity's Persian Gardens or Thermal Suite (E-Class). With the newer E & S-Class builds Celebrity really missed the target. Really disappointing.

14 hours ago, Kmkub said:

I don't know enough about the Sanctuary to get the details, but, yes, it's the hurry up and run for reservations part of the cruise. I think that's especially true in The Caribbean. 

Thanks for the confirmation!