pool times on Oceania - vista and others

question221

Trying to get the hours of operation for the pool on board the Vista in particular - and the Oceania ships in general.  Also, does anyone know the depth of the pool on board?  I understand that the pool is relatively small.

I was able to find out that the fitness center is open until 10PM - and trying to find out if the pool is also open until 10.

Thanks

49 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

looking at the CURRENTS for Oct  it did not have pool hours listed

on previous cruises   the pool seem to be netted  around 7 ish  of course it may dpend on weather/sea conditions as well

The pool hours are listed on the last page of the CURRENTS in "Service Hours".

For example, on 11/9/23 on Riviera, day of embarkation:

"Pool (12) Weather Permitting 11 am - 10 pm"

Then on Day 2:

"Pool (12) Weather Permitting 7 am - 10 pm"

1 hour ago, question221 said:

... Also, does anyone know the depth of the pool on board?  I understand that the pool is relatively small. ... - and trying to find out if the pool is also open until 10. ... 

Yes, weather permitting, the pool is open until 10 pm.

Pool on the smaller R-class ships is more for  walking around than actually swimming. Just too short and too narrow. Poolon the larger O-class ships does allow for some swimming, but even then not that long or wide.

I'm 6' 2" and have used both Riviera and Sirena's pools. Thinking max depth was around 6 feet. But it is marked.  

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

Yikes!  Looks like I'll be treading water.  Does anyone know if you can bring a floatie with you?  I have a blow-up pool seat that is not too large.   

I can almost guarantee you are going to float around very happily - no need for a float, it’s salt water and for some reason (I think ladies have a different centre of gravity) the ladies all happily floated around and the chaps had a more difficult time just floating. 

You will be fine - one of my favourite things to do onboard is an afternoon float 🙂

Edited by ToxM
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nashna said:

Yikes!  Looks like I'll be treading water.  Does anyone know if you can bring a floatie with you?  I have a blow-up pool seat that is not too large.   

Yikes, no floaties please.  People enjoy holding on to rail, or treading water and talking. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, ToxM said:

Yeah not sure inflatables or noodles are ok. I have never seen anyone using them on any cruiseline tbh. 

I have seen them used on several different cruise lines.  Particularly when the pools are deep.  We were on one sailing on Princess where a young 20-something had one of those huge pink flamingo floats.  It took up a huge amount of space.  The one I have is small; I've had knee issues that haven't allowed me to swim, so I usually take it with me to use on the beach. My knee issue is now corrected, so I can happily tread water.