Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

Hello Sky, according to Cruise Mapper if I am reading this right we are some 50 to 60 miles away from each other at this point  from waving hello from each others starboard and port windows. Not sure if this is as close as we will get but, Hello from Neptune. Hoping your sailing is smooth. 

Cheers and Hello. 

Edited by Wavetripper
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

Hello Sky, according to Cruise Mapper if I am reading this right we are some 50 to 60 miles away from each other at this point  from waving hello from each others starboard and port windows. Not sure if this is as close as we will get but, Hello from Neptune. Hoping your sailing is smooth. 

Cheers and Hello. 

Cheers and Hello back at ya from the Sky 👋🛳️

I'm guessing the same thing is going to happen tomorrow night when we head to Geelong/Melbourne and you are departing.

Too bad we don't have an opportunity to be at the same port together.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wavetripper said:

Cheers and Hello. 

11 hours ago, UWDawg said:

Cheers and Hello back at ya from the Sky 👋🛳️

I'm guessing the same thing is going to happen tomorrow night when we head to Geelong/Melbourne and you are departing.

Too bad we don't have an opportunity to be at the same port together.

We are closer than that-send out the tenders!

IMG_1254.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

Tenders away. Oh wait where did you go?

We have veered to the North following the March of the Penguins... next stop Phillip Island... anchoring and 800 passengers will abandon ship via tenders to follow the March of the Penguins.

• Like 1

OK Sky pax, just did a quick survey here on Neptune and we could have some 400 pics or more of Sky for today's ships meeting. 

So where is it you wanted them sent again? Ha

By the way here's the first one.

Cheers

20240211_132800.jpg

• Like 1

We were close enough that I could zoom in and read Viking Neptune and see people walking deck 2 

image.thumb.png.b6bf3df48347fe1b087fe8a526145179.png

And a few wildlife photos...
A seal:

image.thumb.png.3fbe29ad532695f4f18f5279087e83e0.png 

A flock of birds taking off from the water to avoid being run over by the Viking Sky:

image.thumb.png.8cc062cdfdae16399da4545c92eabe68.png 

and a penguin "flying" just beneath the surface of the water:

image.thumb.png.65f631990175a0acb8d52d6a7c2f7d7e.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, UWDawg said:

We were close enough that I could zoom in and read Viking Neptune and see people walking deck 2 

image.thumb.png.b6bf3df48347fe1b087fe8a526145179.png

And a few wildlife photos...
A seal:

image.thumb.png.3fbe29ad532695f4f18f5279087e83e0.png 

A flock of birds taking off from the water to avoid being run over by the Viking Sky:

image.thumb.png.8cc062cdfdae16399da4545c92eabe68.png 

and a penguin "flying" just beneath the surface of the water:

image.thumb.png.65f631990175a0acb8d52d6a7c2f7d7e.png

Wow! What great pictures.  Mine are not nearly so good-can I use yours on my instagram (with due credit of course)?

34 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Hello, any plans to show super bowl in cinema or theater?

Live broadcast of the Super Bowl at 10:30 a.m. "Monday," if the satellite feed is functional; followed by a re-broadcast at 7:45 pm.  Both in the Star Theater or you should be able to catch it on the interactive TV in each stateroom.🏈 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

Hi ya’ll.  Any word on the third leg of the trip.  It was supposed to leave Singapore and go thru the Red Sea to London.

Viking refuses to say a word about it.  All other lines involved in those routes have already posted new itineraries and given passengers options;

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Viking refuses to say a word about it.  All other lines involved in those routes have already posted new itineraries and given passengers options;

Jim

In private conversations on Sky, many managers are as frustrated as we are.  It appears that they realize that the longer until we learn of Viking’s plan the harder their jobs are going to be. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Jim

In private conversations on Sky, many managers are as frustrated as we are.  It appears that they realize that the longer until we learn of Viking’s plan the harder their jobs are going to be. 

Announcement: due to the overwhelming popularity of bridge and galley tours, enhancing the authentic cruise experience, and the inordinate difficulties of rerouting around the southern tip of Africa (made more challenging since competing lines did so sooner), Viking is pleased to offer a new onboard experience called “Damn the Torpedoes - Full Speed Ahead,” honoring the American Navy’s first full admiral David Farragut. This will provide guests who wish to remain onboard the Sky and Neptune world cruises an opportunity to make history instead of passively learning about it as “we stay the course undeterred through the Red Sea and Suez Canal.” Viking Resident Historians will be provide expert commentary, including salient readings of Moses’ exodus from Egypt and accounts of the Battle of Mobile Bay. Copious amounts of popcorn, canapés, and libations will be complimentary. 

#realworldcruise  

Edited by Hanoj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

So Geelong is a nice little beach community that we enjoyed walking around but boy was our included excursion a waste.  We drove through beautiful countryside, into and immediately out of some precious little vacation towns, and saw from a moving vehicle a great fort, interesting lighthouses, and lots of black swans. Our only stop was a comfort one where I was finally able to take two pictures-one of the lighthouse and one of the roof of a Victorian hotel. Apparently other folks had a better guide who took it upon herself to force stops, take them to see some interesting sights, etc.  #group14👎

Affer getting off the bus back at the tender dock, we wandered along the seaside where lots of folks were enjoying the ocean. It was a very hot and VERY sunny day so our plans to walk “up there” to the Botanical Garden were quickly replaced with the idea of let’s get into some shade after we made it to the end of the seaside promenade. They have placed painted bollards along the walkway and they are very entertaining!

We walked through town and saw some interesting architecture. We then headed back towards the bay to find some lunch. We found some great mussels and Fish&Chips at a food boat. After enjoying our mean and showing @TwoLeosTravels that mussels don’t have be be like chewing an earlobe, we returned to the ship.  Ahhh, Air Conditioning!

pictures won’t load at the moment, so will try again #damnskylink

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

So Geelong is a nice little beach community that we enjoyed walking around but boy was our included excursion a waste.  We drove through beautiful countryside, into and immediately out of some precious little vacation towns, and saw from a moving vehicle a great fort, interesting lighthouses, and lots of black swans. Our only stop was a comfort one where I was finally able to take two pictures-one of the lighthouse and one of the roof of a Victorian hotel. Apparently other folks had a better guide who took it upon herself to force stops, take them to see some interesting sights, etc.  #group14👎

Affer getting off the bus back at the tender dock, we wandered along the seaside where lots of folks were enjoying the ocean. It was a very hot and VERY sunny day so our plans to walk “up there” to the Botanical Garden were quickly replaced with the idea of let’s get into some shade after we made it to the end of the seaside promenade. They have placed painted bollards along the walkway and they are very entertaining!

We walked through town and saw some interesting architecture. We then headed back towards the bay to find some lunch. We found some great mussels and Fish&Chips at a food boat. After enjoying our mean and showing @TwoLeosTravels that mussels don’t have be be like chewing an earlobe, we returned to the ship.  Ahhh, Air Conditioning!

pictures won’t load at the moment, so will try again #damnskylink

Pictures….maybe?  So after 20 minutes only two loaded.  I give up.  See Instagram for all the photos

IMG_1285.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg