Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Penspack was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

This is a "Live Thread" for questions and discussions with the passengers on the Viking Sky from December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024.

During this time on the Sky there will be passengers from 6 different cruises.

The passengers on the ship for the duration are on the "Viking World Cruise". This is from 

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to London (Greenwich). We are also embarking with people on the "Panama Canal & the Pacific Coast" cruise [Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Los Angeles, California, December 20, 2023 - January 6, 2024] who will disembark in LA.

Joining us on January 6, 2024 in LA are the people on the "Viking World Journeys" cruise [Los Angeles, California to London (Greenwich), January 6 - May 6, 2024] as well as passengers on the "Grand South Pacific & Australia" cruise [Los Angeles, California to Sydney, January 6, 2024 - February 15, 2024].

In February, we will lose the "Grand South Pacific & Australia" passengers and gain those on the "Jewels of Australia & Asia" cruise [Sydney to Singapore, February 15 - March 13, 2024] and in March there will be another exchange where we pick up the "Asia to Europe Grand Passage" cruisers [Singapore to London (Greenwich), March 13 - May 6, 2024].

I know I will not meet everyone on the ship, but I hope to get to meet (IRL) and know others from the "Cruise Critic Family" who we have exchanged posts with for what seems like forever.

Here's to a Great Adventure..

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Look forward to following virtually your World Cruise !

I will never get to many of the ports you will visit so reading  the thread  during this winter will be a relaxing  moment in my day.

Check the link in my signature to my blog about this trip ...

• Like 1

In the room, and there is an invite on 12/21 at 6:30 in the Star theater.  This looks like for all World Cruisers and the same time as our CC get together in the Wintergarden.  

Maybe we can do the CC M&G following the Star theater get together??

Edited by Pappri

1 hour ago, Pappri said:

In the room, and there is an invite on 12/21 at 6:30 in the Star theater.  This looks like for all World Cruisers and the same time as our CC get together in the Wintergarden.  

1 hour ago, Pappri said:

I take it back, the CC is at 6:00pm, the Viking WC event is at 6:30.

13 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Bon Voyage! Have a great few days without us-see you in San Pedro!

I did remember you booked this WC from LA.  Have not seen many posts, as you normally do, so wasn't sure if it was still a go.

Will you be joining in on this topic with your experiences ? Really enjoyed reading your prior "Live Froms".  Always great comments and photos.  

Safe travels to you and Mike !

We will be on Hawaiian Islands Sojourn, Star, 28 December 2023 LA R/T.  Getting real close !

Edited by FetaCheese
Clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

I did remember you booked this WC from LA.  Have not seen many posts, as you normally do, so wasn't sure if it was still a go.

Will you be joining in on this topic with your experiences ? Really enjoyed reading your prior "Live Froms".  Always great comments and photos.  

Safe travels to you and Mike !

We will be on Hawaiian Islands Sojourn, Star, 28 December 2023 LA R/T.  Getting real close !

No fair, you get to leave before us!   Since there is already a live from here I prolly won’t start a new one…just add some on here. Best way to tag along other than here is on Instagram where we are @ClaynMike

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Best way to tag along other than here is on Instagram where we are @ClaynMike

I do not have instagram account.  Please do post here too. I love your pictures. I know you will have a  great world adventure  and all the World Cruisers 🥂 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lemon drops said:

Is the CC get together still on? We didn't get an invite or email so just checking. 

3 minutes ago, Penspack said:

We've assumed No, since no invitation and the fact that there is a WC event at 6:30...

Denise has posted in the rollcall that due to the conflict it has been rescheduled.  Check her post but I think it’s the 23rd at 5:30. 

2 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Denise has posted in the rollcall that due to the conflict it has been rescheduled.  Check her post but I think it’s the 23rd at 5:30. 

Dec 23 at 5 pm 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2880934-viking-sky-december-20-2023-world-cruise-including-la-jan-6-2024/?do=findComment&comment=66618260

• Like 1

DW just did a load of laundry from our 3 days in FLL.  She was washing in cold/cold.  When the cycle was over, steam was coming out of the washer.  So be aware that washer #4 on the 6th floor is only HOT water no mater what you select.  Another person in the machine area said the same thing happened to her, but we don’t know what number machine it was.  You’ll recognize me as the one wearing shrink wrapped shirts. 

• Haha 2