Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

14 hours ago, WhereInTheWorldIsKarla said:

Today’s wildlife included dolphins off starboard as we cruised past Acapulco, Mexico just after lunch.  I believe they are Pantropical Spotted Dolphins. 

DSC01848.jpeg

DSC01841.jpeg

DSC01844.jpeg

DSC01840.jpeg

DSC01836.jpeg

DSC01824.jpeg

Karla,

Your photos are outstanding and I look forward to your future contributions.

Healthy and happy sailing to all onboard.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to virtually cruising with everyone!

Where was Viking Sky cruising before the Ft. Lauderdale start?

Could you have started in London?

1 hour ago, HUNKY said:

I'm looking forward to virtually cruising with everyone!

Where was Viking Sky cruising before the Ft. Lauderdale start?

Could you have started in London?

Sky did several Panama Canals cruise before leaving FLL. 

1 minute ago, wine-wine-wine said:

And before that it sailed a transatlantic from Barcelona (I was on that cruise).

We were on the Sky twice in 2023. It sailed the Mediterranean most of the year. One of our room stewards said he would be on the WC.

10 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Both 

For now.  This assumes hoping for the best:  This will all be calmed down in the next three months.  I hope they are planning for the worst:  Or we will be steaming in circles looking for somewhere to go.  Ask Andy about that plan.

I suspect we shall have a meeting once underway and the officers will lay out what ever it is they have planned.  It's not just a job, it's an adventure.....🥃

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

For now.  This assumes hoping for the best:  This will all be calmed down in the next three months.  I hope they are planning for the worst:  Or we will be steaming in circles looking for somewhere to go.  Ask Andy about that plan.

I suspect we shall have a meeting once underway and the officers will lay out what ever it is they have planned.  It's not just a job, it's an adventure.....🥃

It’s not just an adventure, it’s an exciting one! And for some of us it starts in just two days when we fly!😀

• Like 13

and lower the water level significantly in the aft pool and close the hot tub.  Sometimes the Spa has been closed too!

• Like 1

Yup. I got kicked out of the spa pool in November when we were on our way to Hawaii.

36 minutes ago, deec said:

and lower the water level significantly in the aft pool and close the hot tub.  Sometimes the Spa has been closed too!

Can't wait to meet all of you as we bump into each other on the ship over the next few days, and then have our M&G.

Just an FYI to anyone who gets manicures:  I get a dipping powder manicure before traveling, as it is very long-lasting and durable.  But it is a pain to remove.  I've given up doing it myself at home and just go into the nail salon to have it removed (I don't keep polish on all the time).  Upon going to the spa here, learned that they don't have the tools needed to remove dipping powder manicure!  🫢  However, the nail tech said she will file down my nails to keep the length under control, and then go over it with a gel polish, but they don't have an exact match for color.  If you see me in the corridor, I'll be the one with funny looking nails.  Moral of the story?   Don't get a dipping powder manicure before a long cruise.

• Like 1

QUESTION RE: SANTA BARBARA INDEPENDENT WINE TASTING WALK:  A while back, some folks talked about doing an independent group for Urban Wine Tour.  Is anyone still interested in doing this?  Come on Debby, I know you are into the wines!  Please post here if interested so we can get a little group together and plan times, etc.

[From our Google Private Excursions tab:  Possible independent group for Urban Wine Trail or some form of wine tasting as mentioned in posts on 11/9 and 11/10]

1 hour ago, cruising denise said:

QUESTION RE: SANTA BARBARA INDEPENDENT WINE TASTING WALK:  A while back, some folks talked about doing an independent group for Urban Wine Tour.  Is anyone still interested in doing this?  Come on Debby, I know you are into the wines!  Please post here if interested so we can get a little group together and plan times, etc.

[From our Google Private Excursions tab:  Possible independent group for Urban Wine Trail or some form of wine tasting as mentioned in posts on 11/9 and 11/10]

We have the 8:40 included Santa Barbara highlights and planned on going to the Funk Zone area and doing the Urban Wine trail afterwards. Debby is not going to pass up a wine trail, and I'll be whining about it 😄...

39 minutes ago, Penspack said:

We have the 8:40 included Santa Barbara highlights and planned on going to the Funk Zone area and doing the Urban Wine trail afterwards. Debby is not going to pass up a wine trail, and I'll be whining about it 😄...

I also have the included highlights but I was in the afternoon one.  Maybe I'll look at changing it...although I don't know if I want to listen to Steve "wining" 😆