Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

13 hours ago, cruising denise said:

Assuming the forecasted high winds are not enough to keep us from Santa Barbara, I will look to connect with you.  Who else on board is interested?  Steve and Debby, what time does your excursion get over?

Sched 8:40am start and 2.5 hrs so about 11:10am.

36 minutes ago, FortWorthCruiser said:

Hello - this is Mary Ann & Ernie. We just boarded yesterday and are on the 8:40 am tour (now meeting in the theater at 8:55). We’d love to join you on the wine walk.

12 hours ago, Penspack said:

Sched 8:40am start and 2.5 hrs so about 11:10am.

I'm going to need to find out if the Courthouse was open for your tour.  I have seen the other sights on the Included, but not the Courthouse and would love to see it.  I'll see what I can find out and will make my way to the pier.  If I don't do the included, I will call one of you to find out where you all are.

20 hours ago, FortWorthCruiser said:

Denise - Ernie & I are at LAX; looking forward to boarding the Sky this afternoon. We’ll look for you this evening in the Explorer’s Lounge. Can’t wait to meet you in person!

So nice to run into you in the hallway, Mary Ann!  I have been so happy to start meeting my CC friends live and in person!

• Like 1

Just now, Clay Clayton said:

Our traditional first breakfast aboard any Viking ship-Lambchops!  Even better when served by Christian one of our favorite servers who we met last summer on Saturn.

IMG_9775.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

My inquiring mind wants to know which breakfast area had lamb chops?  I love lamb and haven't seen it offered too much since FLL.    Fran. 

1 minute ago, f.razmus said:

My inquiring mind wants to know which breakfast area had lamb chops?  I love lamb and haven't seen it offered too much since FLL.    Fran. 

Fran, I'm sure Clay will weigh in when he sees this, but this is always my husband's first breakfast - and then several more times! - and we've always gotten it in the Restaurant.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, cruising denise said:

I'm going to need to find out if the Courthouse was open for your tour.  I have seen the other sights on the Included, but not the Courthouse and would love to see it.  I'll see what I can find out and will make my way to the pier.  If I don't do the included, I will call one of you to find out where you all are.

I monitored a trial in the Santa Barbara courthouse last January, it was a very cold week and that court is truly historic especially the heating or lack thereof system.

The courthouse grounds are beautiful and the library upstairs is amazing.  Turn right and go up stairs after going through Security.  Assuming that you will be there tomorrow, Monday it will be open

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PasadenaDave said:

I monitored a trial in the Santa Barbara courthouse last January, it was a very cold week and that court is truly historic especially the heating or lack thereof system.

The courthouse grounds are beautiful and the library upstairs is amazing.  Turn right and go up stairs after going through Security.  Assuming that you will be there tomorrow, Monday it will be open

The Santa Barbara Courthouse is indeed worth a visit.

IMG_0882.thumb.jpeg.e13ee4a43d735bfd64e1d1bcdff64f90.jpeg

IMG_0887.thumb.jpeg.edb9ff139d979fa0304106d397bee9b3.jpeg

IMG_0885.thumb.jpeg.edd6f57fb9040f9ebc1c5866deac12df.jpeg

IMG_0895.thumb.jpeg.edb696b496d54b291010a40a660e6670.jpeg

IMG_0896.thumb.jpeg.86fcb6fc9d174ff637ed442564596860.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you ever get a chance to attend, Santa Barbara has a street festival and parade sometime around the Spring Equinox. The floats and costumes are handmade. The festival is sponsored by the art museum, which is also worth a visit.
This theme was sci-fi:
IMG_0878.thumb.jpeg.f0ce35135ee46f4a4a937b7e353681e0.jpeg

IMG_0880.thumb.jpeg.fd05105e242f9535afda1ab9931f9553.jpeg

IMG_0870.thumb.jpeg.5233e58819e75132c7adba0d78aa97b3.jpeg

IMG_0868.thumb.jpeg.107cfd4be748ff554ed0f8a1831c8e02.jpeg

IMG_0865.thumb.jpeg.80533920ecbdc4f160f4863fa7d18cfe.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f.razmus said:

Always on the breakfast menu in the Restaurant 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Always on the breakfast menu in the Restaurant 

Starting your first morning aboard in grand style. 💕. I had the same breakfast the last morning of my cruise in June. Love those lamb chops. Happy to see you have a crew member you had before! I think you might find others from your past cruises. 

• Like 3

Not that big a fan of lamb chops at breakfast but I believe I remember some pals getting them at the center grill to order area of the World Cafe.  Might have just been a one off but worth asking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

Starting your first morning aboard in grand style. 💕. I had the same breakfast the last morning of my cruise in June. Love those lamb chops. Happy to see you have a crew member you had before! I think you might find others from your past cruises. 

We have had a couple who have said hello, I remember you and one even remembered Mike’s name….of course we don’t remember him.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

I was incredibly fortunate.  I was in touch with a couple of "advance scouts" who were on earlier tours and informed me that not only was the Courthouse open today but I could go in on my own.  So I bagged the tour, walked on up State St, and spent quite a bit of time wandering around the Courthouse.  The Clock Tower was so cool, and I'm very glad I was able to go up to the Observation Tower.  Nothing like then meeting up with a few friends from the ship for some wine on Stearns Wharf 🤩 What a perfect day!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

Was a shuttle available on State street, just curious as we are there in three days on Neptune?

Today looked like a beautiful day in Santa Barbara.

Cheers 

The city has a free shuttle. Stop 4 is where the tenders drop off and the excursions (at least the included one we took) start. 

IMG_9782.png

• Like 2

Friendly reminder that I’ll be at the long table adjacent to the Pool Bar at 4pm today if anyone wants to play LRC. All you need to bring is a sense of fun and 3 one dollar bills. image.jpeg.ea8846ff0f5b9385cd483c4e37aab5e2.jpeg

Edited by Clay Clayton

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Friendly reminder that I’ll be at the long table adjacent to the Pool Bar at 4pm today if anyone wants to play LRC. All you need to bring is a sense of fun and 3 one dollar bills. image.jpeg.ea8846ff0f5b9385cd483c4e37aab5e2.jpeg

Will try to be there to see many of our CC friends. ❤️

• Like 1

Looking forward to gazing longingly at the ship in less than a week. Unfortunately, it's just over 9 months until we get to set foot on it's decks.

Clay & Mike - did you finally figure out what you're going to do here in Honolulu?

Pete