Eurodam Experience (longish)

oldbluff

Thanks for an excellent review.  Glad to hear that your cruise was enjoyable and the ship functioning well.

I often write in bran muffins or chocolate croissants on my Breakfast Room Service card.

For those cruising on the Eurodam next month, Reggie, an amateur magician will be joining the Canaletto Restaurant staff. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aaaaa said:

How was the condition of the cabin and balcony furnishings on Eurodam?  Reports are mixed.  Thanks, and safe travels.

If you look you will find many areas that need work.caulking, night stand damage, teak deck rotted at some doors causing issue pushing open, etc.  But it's an old ship and none of these detracted from our cruise. Just noted. We'd sail on Eurodam any day over the newer ships if given same itineraries. 

20231028_170102.jpg

20231028_153307.jpg

20231028_144237.jpg

20231105_200549.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2023 at 2:01 PM, aaaaa said:

How was the condition of the cabin and balcony furnishings on Eurodam?  Reports are mixed.  Thanks, and safe travels.

As REOVA posted, there are some indications of it being an older ship. But it was refreshed less than a year ago, and the furniture and finishings in the Lido and other lounges was beautiful and in great shape. During this cruise, the Captain mentioned receiving 100 crates of new curtains and linens for staterooms, which would be installed as they cruise over the coming weeks..

Edited by SeaCapt
  • Like 2

Few years ago I sailed in what became my favorite cabin. By accident my mobility scooter handle bar made a black scrape on the wall at the bottom of the bed. At the end of the cruise she was in dry dock.  A year later I was in the same cabin, the same scrape still on the wall.   A “honey I’m home moment”.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

We have not been on the Eurodam,  but first sailed on the Nueie(sp) Amsterdam in 2015, the Koningsdam in 2017, Statendam in 2022 or so(I forget exactly when) and the Rotterdam in 2023.  Loved all of them and we will be boarding Eurodam on October 11, 2024 to cruise the Panama Canal, long on my bucket list.  Next April we will be embarking the Rotterdam for a TA and up to Norway.  Hope the ship doesn't disappoint.