Majestic to Alaska. Can we bring wine onboard at ports?

Teechur

I know we can each bring one bottle with us at the start. On my last several cruises, we were able to bring additional bottles aboard at various ports with no charge or confiscation. If anyone has PERSONAL experience with this, please give me a heads up. Thanks!

BTW:  No need for moralizing and we don't drink enough to buy a liquor package.

I did read that Princess has introduced a wine-only package on some sailings.

No moralizing from this quarter, just info from Princess's FAQs:

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from The Shops of Princess, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while The Shops of Princess staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

(emphasis mine)

This is what the OFFICIAL, PUBLISHED rules say, but I too wonder about its enforcement.  I've heard that other cruise lines allow alcohol purchases in port to be taken directly to the cabin.

I have purchased bottles of wine in Juneau (multiple times), Ketchikan and Skagway (multiple times), and have had no problem carrying them to our cabin.  Of course, this experience may be meaningless when Alaska cruising resumes in 2024.  If the policy changes, the worst case scenario is that your wine will be taken when you reboard the ship.  Presumably, it would be returned to you at the end of the cruise.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, Teechur said:

I know we can each bring one bottle with us at the start. On my last several cruises, we were able to bring additional bottles aboard at various ports with no charge or confiscation. If anyone has PERSONAL experience with this, please give me a heads up. Thanks!

BTW:  No need for moralizing and we don't drink enough to buy a liquor package.

I did read that Princess has introduced a wine-only package on some sailings.

Without any moralizing, you may want to consider the Plus package if you enjoy 2 glasses of wine in the evening.

2 glasses of wine (including gratuity):   $35.40

Crew Gratuities                                       16.00

Internet                                                    15.00

(Daily) Total                                                         66.40

For me, I would be adding a gourmet espresso drink in the am as well as two bottles of water (one to take ashore on my excursion). We always use one device for each of us and often go online or Facetime our kids. It works well.

Enjoy Alaska!!! It is fabulous. we have also brought wine onboard from ports as well and it was not an issue. But that was before the Plus package.

Edited by nini
add words