Visions of Sugarplums - Live from Vision of Seas 12/22/23 to 12/30/23

Rubyfisch

After a shower, I continued my tour of carbs around the world in Windjammer.

Here we have dal and rice, lentil chili, mac and cheese, a tiny twice baked potato, papperdom, and a burger with tomatoes:

PXL_20231225_181841904.thumb.jpg.625e94d76f82665f707377d3030e3a98.jpg

For dessert - the non-cream puff, non-napoleon think was about 90% rum as far as I can tell ...

PXL_20231225_183332250.thumb.jpg.b84a08cb36933d5c6026faff61b080e3.jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday, they announced that they would be doing a pro-rated refund for the Ron John shuttle. Today, there is a $10.49 credit for it on my account, so I guess they gave us back 75% of what we paid. I think that was a nice gesture. I don't think I would have spent any more time there if we had gotten in on time, but I guess other people might have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sweet  Charity was first staged in 1966, Chicago was 1975.d

Sherri🙂

So, I was 6 when it was first staged and 15 when it was in Chicago.  I wonder why I didn't know the songs when we saw it a couple of times lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

So according to the app, tonight is Taste of the USA, but the desserts in Windjammer are from the Asian night menu (which I understand is used mostly on long cruises). So clearly I had to try them with my tea ...

PXL_20231225_231720858.thumb.jpg.f7ecf68107ab9da7f8d2529b01903824.jpg

That green, white and red dessert looks like it should belong on the Italian menu! 😂 What is it?

The Asian menu is my favourite. Surprisingly, it turned up on our 8-night cruise out of NJ on Anthem earlier this year. Pity it's usually only on the longer ones. On our upcoming 8-nights on Symphony it has the Mexican menu instead. 😕

Edited by FionaMG

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

That green, white and red dessert looks like it should belong on the Italian menu! 😂 What is it?

The Asian menu is my favourite. Surprisingly, it turned up on our 8-night cruise out of NJ on Anthem earlier this year. Pity it's usually only on the longer ones. On our upcoming 8-nights on Symphony it has the Mexican menu instead. 😕

It's the matcha, passion fruit, and ... Um ... Red goo? I think it was strawberry. Or raspberry. It was very tasty, although I'm still never sure whether or not I like passion fruit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

It's the matcha, passion fruit, and ... Um ... Red goo? I think it was strawberry. Or raspberry. It was very tasty, although I'm still never sure whether or not I like passion fruit.

It sounds very interesting. I will have to keep an eye out for it and try it.

Just now, FionaMG said:

It sounds very interesting. I will have to keep an eye out for it and try it.

Last night they had Chinese food as the feature in Windjammer, so maybe if you see that, you might find the cake. They also have been having something in a little cup that I think is roughly the same thing, but in "trifle" form.  The coconut flan was also good.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

Current view:

PXL_20231226_144409306.thumb.jpg.3d5025df80e2bf350e2bcc41724cb5d5.jpg

It's windy and cloudy, but it is wonderful here.

Thanks for this review — enjoying it.

I have a favor to ask.  My sister thinks she left a large sum of money in her cabin last trip.  Would you mind asking if there is a direct number she could call to talk to guest services?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

17 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

After a shower, I continued my tour of carbs around the world in Windjammer.

Here we have dal and rice, lentil chili, mac and cheese, a tiny twice baked potato, papperdom, and a burger with tomatoes:

PXL_20231225_181841904.thumb.jpg.625e94d76f82665f707377d3030e3a98.jpg

I hope it tasted good, because it sure doesn't look very appetizing to me.  😜