Joint booking for travel companions

JustAGirl79

I haven't cruised work Princess in 15+ years and we've just booked. My husband and I will be in a balcony with my 17 and 15-year old boys in the inside cabin across the hall. The booking agent said she has connected their reservation to ours and I see them as our travel companions in my Princess App but when I try to book shore excursions, it just shows that I'm booking for my husband and I, and I want to be able to book for all of us at the same time. I want all of our bookings (meals, etc) to be for all four of us. I don't want the teenagers to do their own bookings through the app. Is this possible?

1 hour ago, JustAGirl79 said:

I don't want the teenagers to do their own bookings through the app. Is this possible?

I think maybe we've uncovered the root problem here.  Don't try to book using the app...do things like this while logged into Princess.com using either a desktop or laptop and within your cruise personalizer.  It's MUCH easier and you won't run into the dumb issues that the app can sometime present you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I think maybe we've uncovered the root problem here.  Don't try to book using the app...do things like this while logged into Princess.com using either a desktop or laptop and within your cruise personalizer.  It's MUCH easier and you won't run into the dumb issues that the app can sometime present you.

They still won’t be able to book the excursions for all of them on the website as the kids are in a different cabin.  

You have 2 choices, call and have Princess book the excursion or use 2 devices and sign in with each booking on a different device so you can see them together then book for each simultaneously.  It’s only important to get the same “time” booked.  Whether you get on the same bus is determined by showing up together at the excursion meeting site onboard and getting the same numbered sticker.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JustAGirl79 said:

I haven't cruised work Princess in 15+ years and we've just booked. My husband and I will be in a balcony with my 17 and 15-year old boys in the inside cabin across the hall. The booking agent said she has connected their reservation to ours and I see them as our travel companions in my Princess App but when I try to book shore excursions, it just shows that I'm booking for my husband and I, and I want to be able to book for all of us at the same time. I want all of our bookings (meals, etc) to be for all four of us. I don't want the teenagers to do their own bookings through the app. Is this possible?

Do you all have the same booking number?  If not, just log in with their booking number and make the reservations. We do that for our kids, who always have their own cabin.

Edited by startedwithamouse

I had to phone in to make our excursion and specialty dinning reservations. The phone app, and the laptop app did not work.  The laptop and our phones are brand new .  I will not hesitate to call instead of wasting so much time .

19 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Do you all have the same booking number?  If not, just log in with their booking number and make the reservations. We do that for our kids, who always have their own cabin.

We have different booking numbers, but the travel agent "connected" us as travel companions...That being said, if I can't book things for all four of us at the same time through the app or the website - I almost wonder what the point of having the reservations connected is. When we travelled this way with Royal Caribbean, once the reservations were linked, I was able to book for all of us at the same time.

1 hour ago, JustAGirl79 said:

That being said, if I can't book things for all four of us at the same time through the app or the website - I almost wonder what the point of having the reservations connected is.

@JustAGirl79  Linking was once used for dining when they had traditional so you were assigned the same table.  Also, if you have rooms next to each other they usually won’t upgrade you to a different room.  One time my sister and I were sailing with our DH’s and because of our linked booking we were “both” upgraded from ocean view side by side cabins to balcony side by sides. I’m not sure what they use if for now but there may be some reasons that help the staff and stewards. 

Edited by t&atravel

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

@JustAGirl79  Linking was once used for dining when they had traditional so you were assigned the same table.  Also, if you have rooms next to each other they usually won’t upgrade you to a different room.  One time my sister and I were sailing with our DH’s and because of our linked booking we were “both” upgraded from ocean view side by side cabins to balcony side by sides. I’m not sure what they use if for now but there may be some reasons that help the staff and stewards. 

If your bookings are linked, you automatically see the linked people as Companions on the app, so you can select them to make dining reservations.

Make sure you add them in your app and then you can make all the joint dinner reservations, or at least I did for our friends and us.  Excursions are different as they have to book on their app as it gets charged to their room.  I am surprised they let two teenage boys share a room as I thought there had to be at least 1 person over the age of 21 in each room.  

11 hours ago, Perky1 said:

Make sure you add them in your app and then you can make all the joint dinner reservations, or at least I did for our friends and us.  Excursions are different as they have to book on their app as it gets charged to their room.  I am surprised they let two teenage boys share a room as I thought there had to be at least 1 person over the age of 21 in each room.  

The age minimum for a separate cabin is 16.

• Like 1