Email received today " Sip and Save"

NC Fred

In a Celebrity email I received this morning, it stated the following under the Premium Drink Pkg.

Champagnes and favorite wines such as Conundrum White and Red Blends, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, J&H Selbach Riesling Kabine, Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Blend, and Edmeades Zinfandel

So, what is correct? I was under the impression Decoy and Conundrum recently had price increases to $19 putting them  over the $17 limit.

We leave in 2 weeks and I plan on having the email available to show when ordering either of these wines as I like them both.

Edited by NC Fred

2 hours ago, NC Fred said:

In a Celebrity email I received this morning, it stated the following under the Premium Drink Pkg.

Champagnes and favorite wines such as Conundrum White and Red Blends, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, J&H Selbach Riesling Kabine, Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Blend, and Edmeades Zinfandel

So, what is correct? I was under the impression Decoy and Conundrum recently had price increases to $19 putting them  over the $17 limit.

We leave in 2 weeks and I plan on having the email available to show when ordering either of these wines as I like them both.

Conundrum red blend is what went up to $19 a glass on Ascent....never saw a Conundrum white on board our most recent cruise so not sure on that one.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

4 hours ago, NC Fred said:

Good luck!

$19 a glass for these wines is outrages. In Texas these bottles retail (liquor/wine store) for $18. On premise accounts (restaurants and bars) in Texas pay around $12-$14. It is common practice in restaurants to charge the bottle cost for a glass of wine. $12-$14 a glass. With Celebrity/RCCL and SilverSeas buying power, they may even get a better price than the $12-$14 a bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1