RCCL credit card

2funtime

Hope you were able to redeem your cruise points.  We redeemed ours for $750 of onboard credits and 2 robes to be delivered (fingers crossed) when we board the Odyssey of the Seas later today.  A nice perk just for using the Credit card to pay for the cruise (and open a new account for my wife). 

On 12/22/2023 at 5:43 PM, 2funtime said:

I'm probably not searching the right key words, but can't find information on how to redeem and add cruise credit from a RCCL credit card.   Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

I called the loyalty department…888-305-4626…….they took cere of it with no problem.

• Like 1

KBS, very easy and automatically showed the bonus points on my account as soon as we spent $1,000.  Converted to $250 on board credit and put in my account as soon as I entered my cruise info on the redeem rewards site. 
And yes, our two robes, which I had selected with additional points were waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded yesterday. Very nice robes! 

• Like 1

OK, I'm going to be pcur-downer here:

I had a TERRIBLE experience with BofA over the weekend, and this applies to any credit card with them. I have credit cards with 3 other banks and NONE of them do this:

Because I watch all my financial accounts frequently, some daily, I noticed last Thursday that BofA had deducted a payment for my RCCL card from my linked BofA checking account when there had been a ZERO balance on the credit card for about a week before.  BofA has a policy if you have auto pay turned on that they take the FULL AMOUNT of the previous billing statement, regardless of the CURRENT balance on the account on the payment due date.

The balance included prepaying tips and paying off one or two cruises.  It was over $2,500.  They deducted the $2,500 for a card that had a zero balance.  Why? Because I forgot to turn off auto pay. My bad.

I noticed it 2 days after it happened.  I pity the poor consumer that doesn't find out until a month later, and BofA has had their multi-thousand dollars in BofA's hands collecting interest that long.  I called and asked why I had that deducted when I OWED THEM NOTHING.  You didn't turn off the auto pay.  Me: it goes against the whole concept of auto PAY when you have nothing to pay, and have to manually intervene to stop the process.  Give me back my money.

BofA:  Yes, it will take up to 10 days (while we have the use of your $2,500).

I called the next day to cancel another BofA card.  Not going to mess with their credit cards anymore.  They asked why.  I explained.

I got a survey request the next day.  I told them my story, and said it seems their policy not only goes against banking industry standards when THREE other US banks I do business with actually LOOK at the balance before grabbing the money.  In other words only make the payment for what is actually DUE. Instead BofA took money I did NOT owe them, that was NOT theirs to take, and the words "scam" and "fraud" seemed to be floating through my mind as I am answering your survey. This was on Sunday 12/24.

I had my money back on 12/26.

IMO, this is a class action lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Edited by pcur