Emerald Princess - 23 Dec -Panama Canal full transit

mrell345

3 hours ago, tml1230 said:

Thanks for posting! we are following along as we take our 9 year old grandaughter on the Emerald  next June from Port everglades to Quebec City ....one of our favorite cities in the world!

Have a safe journey!

I’d have to say it’s my favorite too, spent 6 years there and my wife is from there

7 hours ago, mrell345 said:

I was looking at my folio on the app (it is not available on our stateroom tv) I could see nothing from yesterday’s drink purchases.  When I asked about this at guest services I was told that as we have a package, only things above and beyond our limits or purchases not covered will show on it.

You can see how may drinks you have 'used' by going on your app, profile, packages, it will then show you all the information 

7 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

The wife and I are eating at steamers tonight as one of our casual meals with the plus package.  She had the clams and  I am eating the mussels.  Pretty good though the restaurant is almost empty tonight. 

We tried to go there on our recent trip on the Caribbean Princess, it wasn't very full then either, probably because of the upcharge. But since we didn't have a reservation they wouldn't seat us.

15 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

We tried to go there on our recent trip on the Caribbean Princess, it wasn't very full then either, probably because of the upcharge. But since we didn't have a reservation they wouldn't seat us.

I called the Dine line to reserve when I saw it in the patter.

Just now, mrell345 said:

I called the Dine line to reserve when I saw it in the patter.

Yeah, I didn't realize we needed reservations, and it was too late to call for one. No big deal, we'll remember that next time.

4 hours ago, canadarocks said:

So unusual to have the MDR with all the meals at the very aft of the ship. I expected Da Vinci to be the one for breakfasts & lunches. 

I believe with the increased number of passengers, even some Royal class ships have moved breakfast and sea day lunch to the aft dining room , but kept Reserve class guests at their usual dining room. Sapphire has always used the rear International dining room since the mid ship dining rooms are half sized from original design.