Boarding group changed from a01 to e02???

USU_Aggie

Hey all. I checked in for my cruise Saturday night right on the dot midnight. We got a01. I went back and added the passport numbers later that night. It bumped us to b02. I just checked now and it says E02. Has anybody had this happen? Is it possible to get it fixed if I call customer service?

3 hours ago, USU_Aggie said:

Hey all. I checked in for my cruise Saturday night right on the dot midnight. We got a01. I went back and added the passport numbers later that night. It bumped us to b02. I just checked now and it says E02. Has anybody had this happen? Is it possible to get it fixed if I call customer service?

We've been on lots of Carnival cruises and have never seen this happen.

If you are in a suite or diamond or platinum it won't make any difference, but if not I agree with you that matters. Sorry that I have no idea how or if it can be fixed.

11 hours ago, USU_Aggie said:

No, I have never heard of this happening.  In fact, how do you know you were A01? Until one fully completes their check-in process I don't believe actual boarding passes (where your assigned boarding slot first appears) are even visible. You would simply have selected and know your Arrival Time and nothing more at midnight. That said, I have never seen an actual boarding slot change unless one changes their arrival appointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

No, I have never heard of this happening.  In fact, how do you know you were A01? Until one fully completes their check-in process I don't believe actual boarding passes (where your assigned boarding slot first appears) are even visible. You would simply have selected and know your Arrival Time and nothing more at midnight. That said, I have never seen an actual boarding slot change unless one changes their arrival appointment.

I did complete everything in order to see it. You can see your boarding group at midnight if you go back and complete the rest of the info, which I did. I saw it had changed when I went back to look at the documents to check my cabin number.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, USU_Aggie said:

I did complete everything in order to see it. You can see your boarding group at midnight if you go back and complete the rest of the info, which I did. I saw it had changed when I went back to look at the documents to check my cabin number.

I understand. Sorry about your situation. I honestly don't think anyone has ever seen this before. Enjoy your cruise!

8 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I understand. Sorry about your situation. I honestly don't think anyone has ever seen this before. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks. I did call just now and got right through. They told me that there was an issue with the system and I should disregard the E02 boarding group and show up at A01. I'm a little hesitant to expect that it'll work if my paper says E02, but it's not a huge deal either way.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Aren't they your kids?  There is about a 10 minute wait from A to D

I didn't realize that. The only time I was C, it was well over an hour. I have only been A since, so I assumed it was always that way. I guess this was the piece of info I was missing.