Oasis Of The Seas

I have never cruise to Europe before. Can some one please explain this to me ?
I was checking on Oasis Of The Seas Europe cruises for September next year and noticed something weird.
Royal have 7 nights Western Mediterranean Cruise depart from Rome,
September 5-12 and September 12-19.
Then same ship depart from Barcelona , 7 nights Western Mediterranean Cruise.
September 1-8
September 8-15
September 15-22
September 22-29
I messaged Royal on Facebook asked them about it and this was how they replied to me: 
"Hey there. I apologize for the confusion. On Day 3 (September 15th) people will be boarding from Barcelona for their 7-day sailing. The itineraries overlap.
Then I asked " So the sailings on September 1st and September 8 will be depart from Rome or Barcelona ?",
Royal said " The September 1st sailing departs from Barcelona. Day 5, September 5th, the ship will stop in Rome and guests for the September 5th-12th sailing will board"
I guess I am dumb, still don't understand how this work 😊. I have only cruise with Royal 17 time , mostly Caribbean and Hawaii cruises so I guess Europe cruise are different ?

Edited by Moon Orchid

What's it called? I think interporting or something like that. The people that board in Rome, will do a 7 night round trip to/from Rome. Around day 5, at the port stop, the Barcelona cruisers will come onboard. They will be doing a 7 night round trip to/from Barcelona. 

So it will be Day 5 for the Rome passengers and Day 1 for the Barcelona passengers who will have to do muster drill and are just beginning their cruise. And then when Rome is again a port stop, the Rome passengers will disembark and new ones will board. ☺️

I think it mostly depends on which city you would like to visit pre-cruise. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coralc is correct.  Just get on for your 7 night cruise based on where you want to start, and which ports you want to see.

One of the greatest cruises we ever went on was one that started in Miami, and we got off in Barbados, stayed a week there at a beach hotel, then the following week on the same day of the week, got back on the same ship, and continued the cruise.  It was called "Sail and Stay".  Great idea, but it never caught on. It was with Cunard. A two week vacation with a 7 day split cruise, and 7 days at a beach hotel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MSC do it all the time in Europe and the Med. You can choose where you get on the ship. Whilst its a good idea in principle it can be annoying as they will do the muster drill everytime new people get on. But those already onboard do NOT need to attend. Just closes some venues for a little bit. But TBH 99% of the time you would be off the ship exploring. 

But it is good if you want to start/end if a different city rather than Barcelona. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Coralc is correct.  Just get on for your 7 night cruise based on where you want to start, and which ports you want to see.

One of the greatest cruises we ever went on was one that started in Miami, and we got off in Barbados, stayed a week there at a beach hotel, then the following week on the same day of the week, got back on the same ship, and continued the cruise.  It was called "Sail and Stay".  Great idea, but it never caught on. It was with Cunard. A two week vacation with a 7 day split cruise, and 7 days at a beach hotel.

that sounds amazing!  too bad it didn't catch on!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Pro tip - come here first to ask questions - you'll likely get a more understandable curated answer.

Thank you I will do that more from now on.
I heard that us cruisers will have to board the ship at a new terminal at Tarragona cruise port in 2024. It's an hour away from Barcelona. So here is my question ,is it better to take a cruise depart from Rome now ?
I though it's easier when cruising from Barcelona but the new cruise terminal changed everything ?Don't know how you experience cruisers do it, I was just started to look for the Europe cruises and already feel exhausted ☺️🙃

2 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

I heard that us cruisers will have to board the ship at a new terminal at Tarragona cruise port in 2024.

While that may happen with other/smaller ships, that is not going to happen with O class.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pcur said:

My parents took cruiseferry MS Scandinavia (later refitted as RCCL Viking Serenade) along with their car from FL to the Bahamas, stayed a week?, then rejoined the cruise back to FL.

• Like 1