Missing teen?

55 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

Do K Mart still exist?

In Australia they are thriving.  Some of our Target stores are being turned into Kmarts and some Target stores are now stocking cheap Kmart clothing unfortunately.

On 12/30/2023 at 9:25 PM, Gwendy said:

I was standing in the aisle at KMart, a shop assistant came up and asked if I needed help to find anything.  I told him I had lost my daughter, he immediately wanted to take me to the service desk to put a notice over the store pa.

I thanked him but told him my daughter probably wouldn’t like that as she is 50.  The look on his face was priceless.

and yes I found her after I texted her. Lol

It's not that I don't believe you but I do find it impossible to believe that a shop assistant came up to you in Kmart. In fact I didn't know that there WERE shop assistants in Kmart.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 10:36 AM, NSWP said:

My kids were often lost at the big shopping centres like Miranda/Hurstville when we lived in the 'Shire.'

These days I just lose my car at the local Shopping Centres in Batemans Bay, You know, where did I park it lol.

It's a regular scene at our golf club:  people standing outside the main doors madly pressing their automatic car openers to see which car lights respond in the carpark.

15 hours ago, yarramar said:

It's not that I don't believe you but I do find it impossible to believe that a shop assistant came up to you in Kmart. In fact I didn't know that there WERE shop assistants in Kmart.

Exactly!!! 

On 1/25/2024 at 7:50 PM, yarramar said:

Always someone at the Kmarts I visit.  

K-Mart assistants do exist. It isn't like the old days when you had assistants in defined departments, and they are often kept busy restocking shelves. If you see someone moving boxes around or restocking shelves & racks, they are the multi-tasked retail assistant.

Aside from the fitting rooms, K-Mart is largely geared as self-serve, but they do have assistants. Finding one when you really need one can be a challenge though.

44 minutes ago, arxcards said:

K-Mart assistants do exist. It isn't like the old days when you had assistants in defined departments, and they are often kept busy restocking shelves. If you see someone moving boxes around or restocking shelves & racks, they are the multi-tasked retail assistant.

Aside from the fitting rooms, K-Mart is largely geared as self-serve, but they do have assistants. Finding one when you really need one can be a challenge though.

I was being tongue-in-cheek when I said I was surprised that there were assistants in Kmart. In fact I did have need of one once. You go to the service counter at the back of the store and they will get someone for you.

I still find it hard to believe that one would actually come up to you to provide help.

23 minutes ago, yarramar said:

I was being tongue-in-cheek when I said I was surprised that there were assistants in Kmart. In fact I did have need of one once. You go to the service counter at the back of the store and they will get someone for you.

I still find it hard to believe that one would actually come up to you to provide help.

Locally for us, that would be true too. You have to ask for help, as it isn't offered like days past. Standing and looking confused scratching your head doesn't work anymore, but we usually see them in circulation.

Oh, the days of the real salesperson. The ones that could sell you all the stuff you didn't really need.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, yarramar said:

It must have been the grey hair and the confused look.  Lol