Norwegian Cruise Line Edocs Not Downloading/Showing - Only 2 days left!

38 minutes ago, CRUICE CNL said:

Mostly about speed of check in. I’ve purchased parking. 

The later is your boarding time, the faster you will get on the ship. There are almost no lines later in the afternoon

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

Not once have I ever been asked for edocs

on my previous cruises a few months ago they check the edocs either on paper or phone so they can scan the barcode to the do check in at the terminal. not sure if that terminal specific but they can and do check it from time to time

13 hours ago, CRUICE CNL said:

Does anyone have any advice for embarkation from NYC? I've heard its much more difficult than ports like Miami...

Everyone will have a different story. We've embarked twice out of NYC, and found it more or less the same as Miami. Some things will be different, but we always get on the ship. 😆

2 hours ago, sebas030 said:

The later is your boarding time, the faster you will get on the ship. There are almost no lines later in the afternoon

12:30pm would be considered late right? 

1 minute ago, IAcruising said:

Everyone will have a different story. We've embarked twice out of NYC, and found it more or less the same as Miami. Some things will be different, but we always get on the ship. 😆

Good to know. Miamis boarding was very quick and easy within the span of five minutes when I sailed with celebrity once. Last year. Hopefully New York will be similiar. Have heard of wait times being like 7 hours but I think that was with covid with problems checking vaccine and other docs. 

19 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on my previous cruises a few months ago they check the edocs either on paper or phone so they can scan the barcode to the do check in at the terminal. not sure if that terminal specific but they can and do check it from time to time

They always ask for your eDocs.  That guy is just screwing with us.  If you don't have them, you probably need to go to the "special" line.

7 minutes ago, CRUICE CNL said:

12:30pm would be considered late right? 

Good to know. Miamis boarding was very quick and easy within the span of five minutes when I sailed with celebrity once. Last year. Hopefully New York will be similiar. Have heard of wait times being like 7 hours but I think that was with covid with problems checking vaccine and other docs. 

At 12:30, everyone before you will be on board or boarding. You'll likely walk in. 

I've never been through boarding in five minutes, but 7 hours is a fairy tale.

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

They always ask for your eDocs.  That guy is just screwing with us.  If you don't have them, you probably need to go to the "special" line.

I can't speak on whether he is messing around or not, but I have the same experience as him.  On my last three cruises, I haven't even completed the online check-in, so I didn't even have any e-docs if they would have asked for them.  Online check-in and/or e-docs are not required.  It's perfectly ok to check-in at the port, which you can't do until after you get past security.  It's never been a problem for me, or even any type of hesitation from anyone.  

12 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You really shouldn’t comment if you don’t know what you are talking about

Just now, IAcruising said:

At 12:30, everyone before you will be on board or boarding. You'll likely walk in. 

I've never been through boarding in five minutes, but 7 hours is a fairy tale.

yes, 7 hours is definitely an outlier.  I try to get to the port around Noon, and I'm usually on the ship in 15 minutes.  Granted, I'm checking in thru the CAS line and I'm used to it be totally empty when I show up, maybe one person.  

Just now, zqvol said:

You really shouldn’t comment if you don’t know what you are talking about

Hopefully, the OP is well on their way.  I really hope they don't see Chief's comment and get worried again

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

and to be honest, I can't really say what words come out their mouths.  It's quite possible that they do say "eDocs" out of habit since most people probably have them.  It's the same when they ask for passport although you could be traveling with other documents.  So we're probably all correct :) 

4 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Hopefully, the OP is well on their way.  I really hope they don't see Chief's comment and get worried again

I never suggested that it was a "worry."  I was just responding to the silly comment that they never ask for them.

• Like 1

Just now, CRUICE CNL said:

Thank you. I got the e docs sorted out. 

Awesome.  Have an amazing trip.  If you're on the Getaway, I'll be on her for the next 10 day sailing, on the 17th.  There is a quick 5 day Bermuda trip between the two 10 day sailings

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

Awesome.  Have an amazing trip.  If you're on the Getaway, I'll be on her for the next 10 day sailing, on the 17th.  There is a quick 5 day Bermuda trip between the two 10 day sailings

Yes I am. First NCL cruise.ً Excited to see how it compares to Celebrity. A little worried about sailing at full capacity but it is what it is in the holiday season. 

18 hours ago, CRUICE CNL said:

The seven hour wait time was MY cruise! You'll be fine. There were extenuating circumstances on my cruise:

- First NCL that was over 100% capacity since COVID shut everything down.

- Easter Week in NYC, so loads of multi-generational families (not a big deal obviously)

- Primary reason for the wait - NCL, Bermuda, and the port staff were unable to figure out how to check Bermuda Travel Authorizations, ensure COVID tests were done, and get so many people onboard. 

- They used two piers for check-in. One for Bermuda. One for everything else. So, that's even more lines to stand in.

We waited three hours. Others waited eight hours. Getaway was supposed to shove away from port at 4 or 5 PM (it's been awhile. The last folks to board, boarded at 8 PM. Due to the "tides" or "current" in the Hudson, we didn't leave NYC until midnight. 

It was a really fun cruise...listening to all the whiners b!tc& and moan the entire time. We did have an awesome time, despite a long wait. It was also our first cruise. We've been on a total of five since, so it wasn't a huge turnoff for us.

Bottom line - you'll be fine. Heck, you might even be on the ship already as I'm thinking today is embarkation day for you. Have a great cruise!!!