Indonesia Visa

Bill B

31 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We never needed one. From a ship.

That would be nice. However, CIBT Visas states for HAL pax -

Indonesia Visa issued on arrival for fee

I'll let HAL do it because we're entering Indonesia twice, and as far as I can see, unless you get a one-year visa they're all single entry. 

Just now, Bill B said:

Was that for one entry?

Yes, I just looked at my passport.  The entry stamp was Nov. 27th for 30 days and the exit was Dec. 6th.    We spent the time in consecutive ports in Indonesia but we did not leave the country other than going to sea between ports until we left to return to Singapore.  The visa type was Visa on Arrival. 

52 minutes ago, MikeD4134 said:

I just checked the Indonesia Immagration Site, the VISA on Arrival can be applied for online and the cost is less than $33.

Yes, IDR 500,000 (it has to be used within 90 days - it's too early for me right now); plus, I suspect I'll need two. I don't think you can hold two visas at the same time. 

Was just on an Indonesian cruise.

When you get on they will collect your passport and give it back when you leave indonesia.  For the visa, first check what is needed and accepted.  What I am describing is for the USA.

You can do nothing and you will get a visa on board, the cruise line will also charge you.  For HAL the cost was $60, I don't know if that was what Indonesia charged them.

The more work version and cheaper is to go to the Indonesia on-line site https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/ and for around $35 get your visa there, the site can be a pain to get working.  If you go this way make sure you print out find the final version with all the bar codes.  Then include a printed copy of that visa with your passport.  Tell the cruise people when they are collecting your passports and they flagged it.

I did the on-line version and was not charged the money for the visa.

If you use the Molina.imigrasi.go.id site for your e-voa, a PC works better than a Mac. Getting our passport image uploaded on a Mac was impossible and no issue on a PC. Your mileage may vary, but if you have technical issues, it's not you... it's the website.