Treat every Cruise as if it's your first and last. 😀

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I will, because it might be my last.  It will be my first time cruising

1) since the pandemic,

2) since my wife passed and I am traveling as a solo, and

3) since mobility issues have increasingly hampered me.

So this is a test, in a way.  I did the same test on a long range train trip and it failed.  No more train trips.

I am so sorry for your loss.  Definitely use any aid you can. I had to convince my mom to use a wheel chair on her last family cruise as it turns out and she still talks about how she really enjoyed it as she wasn’t exhausted at the end of the day. I was her designated aid and I can tell you those were the best airport experiences I have  ever had.  We had to traverse JFK, CDG, Athens and Venice airports and with an attendant helping us it was a snap, including customs!

Even though I was sailing surly cruise line, not HAL, the crew was extremely helpful getting us on and off the ship.  Make your life easy, it is more fun.  

I appreciate all the good thoughts.  If this is my last cruise it won't in any way diminish my life.  We each set our own limits as to what we will or will not do.  This cruise will show me if I can still cruise enjoyably under my own personal standards.  I judge no one for their personal standards, but neither will I be judged for adhering to my own.  So, we'll see.

• Like 1

I haven't witnessed it personally, but I've heard tell on this board of folks who, in the process of getting used to their scooter, back up down a stairwell (inadvertently). The thought always gives me a chill when I see people trying to navigate their scooter.

My husband had so many cruises during our marriage.  We did enjoy each one with many different experiences and memories.  I am now traveling solo but still cruising and making new memories and remembering all the great times we had in some of my return visit to ports.  Hope you are able to cruise again.  Cruising is a great way to travel as you can what you want, when you want, and how much you want.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Petronillus said:

I haven't witnessed it personally, but I've heard tell on this board of folks who, in the process of getting used to their scooter, back up down a stairwell (inadvertently).

In all my years cruising (since 1978), and all my years using a scooter on board (since 2014), I have never seen nor heard of anyone backing down a staircase. 

When using a scooter in reverse I do always pay close attention to what is behind me, however, keeping in mind that such an accident is possible. But if you are used to driving a car, and follow the same rules of the road when on a scooter, you should be safe.
Just beware of pedestrians! You would be amazed at the number of people who just walk right in front of you as if you can stop on a dime (you can't). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Eat chocolate daily. A New Year's Resolution I can keep! 

I recently saw the following in a church basement: "Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate."

• Like 2