Boarding Sky at Southampton... is there a separate line for suites?

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

I am cruising on Sky from Southampton, UK. I know that they have now done away with allocating specific boarding times and so we can now all turn up at anytime but IIRC, there was a separate line at security where some people were going through more quickly... was that for suites?

I just wondered if there was any benefit to having a suite as far as embarkation is concerned. If so we might turn up a little later if we are to get expedited clearance and boarding.

The line you spoke of was *probable* just for those who already had their medallions.  Just a guess...

I don't think there are any special lines for suites...just the "elite/suite" waiting lounge before boarding actually starts.

Guest Snaxmuppet
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The line you spoke of was *probable* just for those who already had their medallions.  Just a guess...

I don't think there are any special lines for suites...just the "elite/suite" waiting lounge before boarding actually starts.

Nobody in the UK already has medallions before arriving at the terminal. They do not send them out in the mail for cruises from the UK so it can't be that.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

1 minute ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Nobody in the UK already has medallions before arriving at the terminal. They do not send them out in the mail for cruises from the UK so it can't be that.

Ah!  You are correct!  That one slipped by me...so, I don't know what the "faster" line would have been.  Sorry if I misled anybody!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I am cruising on Sky from Southampton, UK. I know that they have now done away with allocating specific boarding times and so we can now all turn up at anytime but IIRC, there was a separate line at security where some people were going through more quickly... was that for suites?

I just wondered if there was any benefit to having a suite as far as embarkation is concerned. If so we might turn up a little later if we are to get expedited clearance and boarding.

In our experience, there is no separate line for check-in at Southampton terminals but they have announced that suite, elite and platinum can board earlier than other passengers.

• Like 1

Last year there was a priority line for elites suites etc at  the terminal. We arrived around 1.30 and it took 5 minutes, but a lot longer to get through security. Hopefully it is the same this year

• 1 month later...

Specifically Mayflower Cruise Terminal (Caribbean Princess will be at Pier 106).

I will be in the minority since traveling from the US with my medallion in hand/Green Lane.  Overthinking this embarkation procedure (I know).

What can I expect as an Elite in a suite with my medallion?  Are there priority lounges inside the terminal?  

Thanks for any past experiences.