$200 "Welcome Back" Certificate

Psoque

Hi.  About a week after returning home from an Oceania cruise, we received a $200 certificate in the mail for a future booking.  We were asked to write down the details of the future booking and send the certificate back to Oceania for $200 credit.  This will be our second Oceania cruise, so we haven't used this certificate before.  So how does this work?  Is $200 going to be credited to our payment now, so that we pay $200 at final payment?  Or is this in the form of an OBC?

I used one of those post-cruise $200 certificates in January 2022. The process when using a TA was (may be different if booked directly with O):

First, you have to book the cruise within the (45-day, I think mine was shorter) timeframe on the certificate.

After you have a booking with deposit (not a hold), you send in the completed certificate (hint: scan/copy the completed certificate in case it goes astray).

After a while (can't remember), a line item called "Bonus Savings" showed up beneath the "Air Credit" on the revised invoice that my TA sent to me.

43 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I don't know if I should be envious or what but I've never received one of those. 

I wonder what the criteria is or are they just randomly selected. 

Mine said merely because we were an O club member. And we're at the basic Blue Level.

2 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Mine said merely because we were an O club member. And we're at the basic Blue Level.

We received one after our first O cruise. Had no idea this existed. We booked another cruise a few weeks after our cruise. I filled it out, mailed it, waiting.for a response. Or does the credit just show up on-line?

2 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We received one after our first O cruise. Had no idea this existed. We booked another cruise a few weeks after our cruise. I filled it out, mailed it, waiting.for a response. Or does the credit just show up on-line?

I just looked at the fine print and saw the limitations in regard to the cabins. Limitations specified per ship. Given the SM and other price increases, I'm looking at G-F-C cabins. The Gs & Fs excluded. Now I can't remember if some Cs were allowed or not.

Brief rules from an unused certificate:

Category D or higher on R-ships

C or higher on O-ships

B5 or higher on Vista (no mention of Allura but cruises were just released when I got this cert.)

Must book within 45 of return from previous voyage (I take this to mean new bookings only)

May not combine with special offers (or onboard booking savings)

One time transfer allowed if within 30 days of cancellation

There is other fine print but these are the ones I think will matter to most.

Question for those who have used their $200 certificate:

I assumed the $200 was per cabin (so $100 per person) and was surprised when there was a $200 discount for each of us ($400 total) on our revised invoice. Is this others' experience or did I get a bonus typo?

Got the offer about a week after a cruise.  WE did book another cruise within the 45 day limit.  Gave all the info to my TA.  No new invoice yet. Final payment will be due in February.  If the offer is legit, it should be applied then.

2 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Got the offer about a week after a cruise.  WE did book another cruise within the 45 day limit.  Gave all the info to my TA.  No new invoice yet. Final payment will be due in February.  If the offer is legit, it should be applied then.

Does "Gave all the info to my TA" mean that they sent your certificate to O for you? The original certificate had to be sent via snail mail in January 2022 and the instructions were the same on my September 2023 cert.

My original invoice was dated January 26th and the updated one was May 26th...those dates are just when it was created though, not when the discount was applied, so not very enlightening regarding how long it took...sorry

10 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Does "Gave all the info to my TA" mean that they sent your certificate to O for you? The original certificate had to be sent via snail mail in January 2022 and the instructions were the same on my September 2023 cert.

My original invoice was dated January 26th and the updated one was May 26th...those dates are just when it was created though, not when the discount was applied, so not very enlightening regarding how long it took...sorry

Sent a scan of both sides of the voucher to my TA. I still have the original.

18 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Sent a scan of both sides of the voucher to my TA. I still have the original.

I'm not sure, but you may need to send the original. I'm not sure how much of a stickler they are about the fine print but if you don't get the discount it may be because they want the original. Your TAs should be able to get the current rules from their O-rep and it will all work out in the end.

My TA called Oceania and Oceania finally decided to apply the credit to our account.  It is listed on the invoice as “Club discount” or something like that.  This discount will not be seen on customer-facing website.  This credit basically reduced our final payment by $200.

10 hours ago, Psoque said:

My TA called Oceania and Oceania finally decided to apply the credit to our account.  It is listed on the invoice as “Club discount” or something like that.  This discount will not be seen on customer-facing website.  This credit basically reduced our final payment by $200.

Was it $200 per person or per cabin?

8 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Was it $200 per person or per cabin?

It was $100 per person, $200 per cabin.  It was credited to my “account” that only my TA can pull up.  It does not show up when you I log into the Oceania website.  That only shows our “Simply More!!!” shore excursion credits of $400 per person, $800 per cabin.

• Thanks 1