Music Hall on Anthem of the Seas ?

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

WWRY appeared for three nights in MSG ,one block from Broadway.

Appearing at MSG (Madison Square Garden) does not make WWRY a Broadway show.  MSG is on 34th St, and the theatre area starts at 42nd st,  Broadway is one of the longest streets in Manhattan.

19 hours ago, Badatz2 said:

Appearing at MSG (Madison Square Garden) does not make WWRY a Broadway show.  MSG is on 34th St, and the theatre area starts at 42nd st,  Broadway is one of the longest streets in Manhattan.

I am not saying it is a Broadway show just that it was close.A cousin of mine produced a play that opened in a theater on Sixth Avenue and 40 St.I did not consider that a Broadway show.

19 hours ago, Badatz2 said:

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not saying it is a Broadway show just that it was close.A cousin of mine produced a play that opened in a theater on Sixth Avenue and 40 St.I did not consider that a Broadway show.

The designation for a show to be "Broadway" or "Off-Broadway" or "Off-Off Broadway" in NYC is based on theater size more than location.

A theater is classified as a Broadway theater if it has 500 seats or more and is geographically located between 41st and 54th Streets and between 6th and 8th Avenues in Manhattan. The one exception is the Vivian Beaumont Theater which is at Lincoln Center (65th St.). So correct, MSG does not count even though their separate theater is above the minimum seat to qualify.)

A theater is classified as "Off-Broadway" if it has between 100 and 499 seats regardless of location in Manhattan. If a theater has less than 99 seats it is classified as "Off-Off-Broadway" regardless of location in Manhattan. So yes, there are Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway theaters in the above parameters of streets for "Broadway".

30 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The designation for a show to be "Broadway" or "Off-Broadway" or "Off-Off Broadway" in NYC is based on theater size more than location.

A theater is classified as a Broadway theater if it has 500 seats or more and is geographically located between 41st and 54th Streets and between 6th and 8th Avenues in Manhattan. The one exception is the Vivian Beaumont Theater which is at Lincoln Center (65th St.). So correct, MSG does not count even though their separate theater is above the minimum seat to qualify.)

A theater is classified as "Off-Broadway" if it has between 100 and 499 seats regardless of location in Manhattan. If a theater has less than 99 seats it is classified as "Off-Off-Broadway" regardless of location in Manhattan. So yes, there are Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway theaters in the above parameters of streets for "Broadway".

I wrote a play that opened in a theater on Third Avenue .The theater had 100 seats .It was said to be Off Off Broadway.I was an actor in two plays in that theater and they productions were also advertised as Off Off Broadway.

Since you live in Brooklyn and appear to be a theater buff have you ever gone to the Heights Players in Brooklyn Heights ? A friend of mine was in many productions there.

• Like 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I wrote a play that opened in a theater on Third Avenue .The theater had 100 seats .It was said to be Off Off Broadway.I was an actor in two plays in that theater and they productions were also advertised as Off Off Broadway.

Since you live in Brooklyn and appear to be a theater buff have you ever gone to the Heights Players in Brooklyn Heights ? A friend of mine was in many productions there.

I haven't yet. I'll look them up! I've gone to a show by the Gallery Players in Brooklyn that a couple of friends were in.

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I haven't yet. I'll look them up! I've gone to a show by the Gallery Players in Brooklyn that a couple of friends were in.

My friend was in many productions .When not acting in theater he acted in Law and Order .

• Like 1