Embarkation day with a guest joining for a few hours, lunch or dinner?

sammyboots

Posted (edited)

My husband and I are planning to request as to the availabity of having our son join us as a guest for a few hours on embarkation day. He is a pilot for BA and will be flying us out to Barbados for our upcoming cruise and we thought it would be fun to have him join us on the Silver Dawn for a visit. My query is, with a boarding time from 2pm, do we request for him to join us for lunch or dinner? Can anyone let us know what the lunch options are please or when the restaurants close for lunch? We are new to SS so would appreciate anyone that can enlighten us. Many thanks.

Edited by sammyboots
name change

Nice to know that you’ll be in the best possible hands for your flight to Barbados!  Haven’t met a cruiser yet that was fortunate to have a family member be piloting their flight .  Enjoy the cruise, and the flight !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Nice to know that you’ll be in the best possible hands for your flight to Barbados!  Haven’t met a cruiser yet that was fortunate to have a family member be piloting their flight .  Enjoy the cruise, and the flight !

Thank you! It’s pretty much a family profession… both sons are pilots, their Dad is a pilot and his Dad was also a pilot. Time for some different careers for the next generation I think! 😂

• Like 2

Generally, by 2pm lunch options are the pool grill, the pizza place, or perhaps the buffet in La Terrazza (if the hours are extended). Most restaurants (except Silver Note) open at 7 pm. Thus, you would probably have time for a nice dinner.

7 hours ago, sea bright said:

Generally, by 2pm lunch options are the pool grill, the pizza place, or perhaps the buffet in La Terrazza (if the hours are extended). Most restaurants (except Silver Note) open at 7 pm. Thus, you would probably have time for a nice dinner.

Thank you Sea Bright, I think dinner sounds the best option in that case. 

Agree with sea bright. Lunch on embarkation day is different. Dinner would give you the most options.

you need to write guest relations and get the form completed for a guest, as the guest must be vetted.

33 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Agree with sea bright. Lunch on embarkation day is different. Dinner would give you the most options.

you need to write guest relations and get the form completed for a guest, as the guest must be vetted.

Thank you Spinnaker2, we've decided to go with dinner and completed the form yesterday, just waiting to hear back now, fingers crossed!

• Like 1