La Seyne (Toulon) Transportation from Paris

Wheetie_C

We will be embarking on Crystal Symphony at La Seyne this June. We will be staying in Le Marais, Paris area beforehand. We thought we'd take a train to Toulon. It looks like there are direct trains with no changing. Is this the best option? From the Toulon station, I assume we'd take a taxi (if it's too far to walk with luggage) to where the ship is docked. Is this a good plan? Any suggestions/tips?

Thanks!

it is approximately a 4.5 hour train ride from Gare Lyon.  I have done similar without any issues and that is what I would do also.

Book directly with French Rail and look for senior discounts if applicable 

I enjoy the trains in Europe very much 

without any doubt you will need a taxi if you are staying in Toulon  - you simply cannot walk from Toulon to La Seyne  - there is only space for one cruise ship in Toulon 

La seyne is complete with a cruise terminal 

you can also stay a night in Toulon before the cruise , 

I am booked on the same cruise  and will stay some days before the cruise in the village of Cassis ( with great wines) 

there is also a boat from Toulon to Cassis but then you must walk from the station to the quay what is rather difficult with luggage  - and I do not know the  schedules of that boat 

On 1/9/2024 at 2:39 AM, vistaman said:

without any doubt you will need a taxi if you are staying in Toulon  - you simply cannot walk from Toulon to La Seyne  - there is only space for one cruise ship in Toulon 

I am booked on the same cruise  and will stay some days before the cruise in the village of Cassis ( with great wines) 

there is also a boat from Toulon to Cassis but then you must walk from the station to the quay what is rather difficult with luggage  - and I do not know the  schedules of that boat 

So, we embark in La Seyne (as opposed to Toulon)? Is it better to stay in La Seyne?

20 minutes ago, Wheetie_C said:

So, we embark in La Seyne (as opposed to Toulon)? Is it better to stay in La Seyne?

Given that you are roughly 5 miles apart from center to center, pick whichever has the features you prefer.

Like picking a hotel in New York -- what appeals to you.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2024 at 5:39 AM, vistaman said:

We are planning the sailing from La Seyne in June. Will stay in Cassis and take the train to Toulon. A short trip. I have been to Cassis multiple times and if you have never been there you should go. 
As Mistral has said “He who has seen Paris and not Cassis has seen nothing.”

• Like 1