Excursion Options

stonecruisin

We generally find that when you are two days in a port, the one day offers the included excursion and the second day only offers optional.

If both days offer included, then it is the same one.

We personally have never seen two different included excursions in any one port.  This is our experience after 10+ Viking cruises - I am not saying that there could or would never be two included options.

In the end, regardless, you are only entitled to book one included excursion in any one port.

16 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

We generally find that when you are two days in a port, the one day offers the included excursion and the second day only offers optional.

If both days offer included, then it is the same one.

We personally have never seen two different included excursions in any one port.  This is our experience after 10+ Viking cruises - I am not saying that there could or would never be two included options.

In the end, regardless, you are only entitled to book one included excursion in any one port.

We’ve seen many multiple included excursions in a port but only this past year.  It appears to be a new thing.  we have 16 Viking ocean cruises.

we’ve also seen multiple included tours on different days as well.  As an example.  In Venice (Chioggia) there are several different included tours offered on all 3 days we are there this week.  But we can only pick one.

35 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

We’ve seen many multiple included excursions in a port but only this past year.  It appears to be a new thing.  we have 16 Viking ocean cruises.

we’ve also seen multiple included tours on different days as well.  As an example.  In Venice (Chioggia) there are several different included tours offered on all 3 days we are there this week.  But we can only pick one.

Looking forward to seeing this!  We would love options for included excursions.

For our upcoming Ocean cruises, we don't see more than one included tour, but this is just on the itinerary part of the main site.  The excursions are not listed or open yet in MVJ.

Fingers crossed that this will be a regular thing!

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Looking forward to seeing this!  We would love options for included excursions.

For our upcoming Ocean cruises, we don't see more than one included tour, but this is just on the itinerary part of the main site.  The excursions are not listed or open yet in MVJ.

Fingers crossed that this will be a regular thing!

Multiple ports had 2 included on the May 31 Midnight Sun:  Bergen had 2 included: Panoramic Bergen (bus and foot) and Bergen on Foot.  Lofoten has Panoramic Lofoten by Land and Sea (bus and boat) and Panoramic Lofoten (bus).  Tromso has Panoramic Tromso (bus) and Tromso on Foot.  The other ports only had 1 included.

• Like 1

Included excursions in Rome have had a recent upgrade. I think there are currently four choices. One is a panoramic bus tour, and the others are on your own drop offs to one of three different locations in Rome (Colosseum, Piazza del Popolo, or Vatican). Minivan shuttles will transport between those three spots during the day.

There are even optional guided tours available for prior purchase as part of the included on your own time. (For instance, you can book a Caravaggio in Rome guided tour for the free included drop off at Piazza del Popolo. Total time for the daily trips is 6 hours for the panoramic and 8.5 hours for each of the Rome in Brief Included Excursions. Of course, that does include travel time from Civitavecchia. There are also at least ten Optional Rome excursions on the master list that could appear on any individual cruise.

For a port that Viking has been visiting from day 1, this is a welcome revamp of choices. I am still wishing for a few new itineraries in the western mediterranean. I thought Malta, Morocco, and the Mediterranean was going to be the one, but the off season timing, the four sea days, and (sad to say) the price are drawbacks for me so far.

Edited by lackcreativity
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

It is not really new, I had seen it a couple of times prior to the pandemic, but it is definitely a rare occurrence.

It would be nice if they started offering more than one choice in more ports.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

It is not really new, I had seen it a couple of times prior to the pandemic, but it is definitely a rare occurrence.

It would be nice if they started offering more than one choice in more ports.

Today we were just offered the opportunity to have TWO included tours in Venice. Not normal practice they said.  We arrive Tuesday and doing Venice/St Marks Square.  Then on turnaround day (Wed) they said we could do the included Chioggia walk tour if we wanted.  I sai I thought the rule was only 1 included.  Guest services said we are making an exception this time.  I could also have done the included Venice on your own.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Today we were just offered the opportunity to have TWO included tours in Venice. Not normal practice they said.  We arrive Tuesday and doing Venice/St Marks Square.  Then on turnaround day (Wed) they said we could do the included Chioggia walk tour if we wanted.  I sai I thought the rule was only 1 included.  Guest services said we are making an exception this time.  I could also have done the included Venice on your own.  

Somewhat off-topic, we walked around Chioggia on our own last year and it's a cute little place to see if you haven't been before.

• Like 1