If you made a recent online payment—check

The other day I saw someone posting about a glitch they had in paying making an online payment. I had made payments earlier that day, and when I made the payment, they did show paid in full so I thought I was fine. Now I look and I see a balance due on both of the cruises I made final payments on. I then looked at a emailed receipt I had received yesterday  for my next cruise. I am on in about 10 days and it shows a $1400 overpayment. I tried emailing and then calling in and when I talk to someone she just kept saying payment hasn’t show is showing but hasn’t cleared so I have to wait until the payment clears and call them back and get a refund. I have never had to deal with getting a refund, so not sure what that entails  but is very aggravating. The $1400 was for final payments which are also due next week. I told her I had seen that someone else mentioned having a problem and she said no there’s no problem you entered the wrong cruises numbers. I always book myself online or on board always pay online , there’s only one way to do it you pull up your cruise and you make the payment and it either lets you choose an amount or pay in full which is what I always do and did on these two cruises. So aggravating. Does anyone know if there is a department I should be asking for  see if I can get this transferred to the correct cruises? When I asked her, she said we have no department like that. I used my BOA RCCL credit card. Should I call them? The agent says that that will not help. On BOA app it does 2 $700 payments as “pending” which also seems odd after 3 days. If you made a recent payment you should double check today!

Edited by Sianli
Misspelled word

They are still denying that there is a problem with the payment screen online.

I have still not received any resolution to my problem.

You may get a better response with the C&A phone number 1-800-526-9723.

5 hours ago, JDsafeman said:

5 hours ago, JDsafeman said:

Unfortunately That was who I called. 

1 hour ago, Sianli said:

Unfortunately That was who I called. 

You might have a problem with the bank thinking double payments if both amounts were $700. In the future you need to do two different amounts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dbancroft said:

You might have a problem with the bank thinking double payments if both amounts were $700. In the future you need to do two different amounts.

I also wondered about that. $700 was the balance due on each trip. They have both cleared now. I need to pay them each off next week, so can’t rely on waiting for the refunds, This time I will pay over the phone. Paying online has always worked in the past, and is one of the reasons I have preferred to book direct.

9 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Another argument for a travel agent 

We had booked direct with RCI and in many cases did our reservations using NEXT CRUISE onboard. That stopped about four years ago. We did not have the stress of the billing problems I have seen recently posted but I could easily imagine being one of them.

My travel agent works for a company that directly gets blocks of discounted rooms and resells them.

RCI will allow me to reserve an interior cabin GTY for $200 and not pay the difference until 90 days before for a 7 day cruise with a $50 OBC using NEXT CRUISE (I am aware that I can transfer this offer to retain the $50 OBC but my time on board is short and in my opinion, not worth it considering my travel agent gets me a similar deal with a much better cabin offer).

My travel agent in most cases, if I am more than 6 months from traveling, can get me the same deal but allow me to pick a room from their block of cabins which is a big deal for me.  RCI wants a significant amount of additional money to select a cabin.

The only difference is that I need to deposit $500 for two people and pay the final amount 120 days before the cruise date.

How does this benefit me:

1. In most cases, I have a choice of cabins instead of a guaranteed cabin for the same price.

2. Very little time filling out forms, my agent keeps all of our necessary information on file and only has to confirm that nothing has changed.

3. Should I think I deserve a reduced booking price, he will get it for me or he will explain how pursuing the "special offer" might affect my fully refundable deposit, current OBC, etc.

4. Fully refundable until final payment unless otherwise stipulated and made very clear to me.

5. A phone call on the final payment day to confirm that l am satisfied the price is the lowest available at that time for the conditions that I booked.

6. On that phone call, confirmation of what credit card I want to use (on file or another one).

7. Provides a separate email confirmation of my decisions and an updated cruise contract within one business (in most cases, hours).

I also like that I am provided a better travel insurance carrier than the cruise line offerings. The travel insurance company is the one I would chose if I had to buy direct and the rates are the same. They provide cash instead of cruise fare credit should I need to cancel.

The whole idea is that as long as my contract is good with his company, I feel relaxed. His company will have much more sway with RCI than I will ever have as an individual if there are issues.

Since our decision, I have never wasted my vacation time trying to convince an RCI NEXT CRUISE employee that they are not quoting me the right price or pushing an RCI Credit Card down my throat so they can get a commission. I talked to a fellow dinner ( of MANY cruises) this past November about NEXT CRUISE and he was so disappointed. The representative used their body language and words to let them know that they needed to "come back later" when they were not sure exactly what cruise they wanted to book and they were not interested in getting an RCI credit card so they can get "onboard credits and discounts."

So far, including any OBC credit, room upgrades, and "special deals", has RCI's pricing ever been lower than what I have contracted. In many cases in the past two years, RCI's prices have been almost double about 120 days from cruising.

I will use him to compare my cruise pricing to other travel experiences now since I trust him.

• Thanks 1