One of Those Days – aka, I Need a Cruise

Hopefully for those that need a cruise, this will put a smile on your dial. This one showed up for me this morning, and I have no idea why it took so long. A very opposite view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Hopefully for those that need a cruise, this will put a smile on your dial. This one showed up for me this morning, and I have no idea why it took so long. A very opposite view.

Love it 

• Like 3

Here's a tip, when your on a driving holiday, been driving several hours a day, don't respond to a question on CC.

Checked into motel last week, checked my e-mail, seen a question, oh yes just been looking up that, wiz of a reply with attached doc's. Felt that was good that I had just researched it, and was able to help.

Went back today see if i had helped today.

THEN noticed the question had nothing to do with the port I thought it was about.

I Think I Need A Cruise

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Here's a tip, when your on a driving holiday, been driving several hours a day, don't respond to a question on CC.

Checked into motel last week, checked my e-mail, seen a question, oh yes just been looking up that, wiz of a reply with attached doc's. Felt that was good that I had just researched it, and was able to help.

THEN noticed the question had nothing to do with the port I thought it was about.

I Think I Need A Cruise

Oops

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I Think I Need A Cruise

I'm sure it was an informative post anyway, John.🙂

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

I'm sure it was an informative post anyway, John.🙂

Oh I believe it was if you were going to Melbourne not Brisbane.

I'm sure the info on tram line numbers was very educational if not a little confusing.😵

How to feel totally dumb in one easy lesson.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I used to live just off tram 96' route. I think it was that one.
I no longer live on a tram route, and I miss it. It led past some lovely places, so sometimes I'd just ride the tram, get off on a whim. There was a great supermarket - independant so I never knew exactly what was in stock (other than the basics).

I love the Melbourne trams. I really do.

If you're looking for a city which has a wide variety of 'you never know what you'll find' shops, move to Melbourne and live close enough in that you're on a tram line. 

Edited by JVes
  • Like 3

I've booked a holiday but not a cruise. Sth Korea in September.

My son and friends leave for SP on Ovation tomorrow.

He will also be on a Japan/S Korea cruise at the same time as me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I've booked a holiday but not a cruise. Sth Korea in September.

My son and friends leave for SP on Ovation tomorrow.

He will also be on a Japan/S Korea cruise at the same time as me.

Have a great trip, how long will you be in Sth Korea, will any of  his ports of call marry up with your stay, for a quick catch up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Have a great trip, how long will you be in Sth Korea, will any of  his ports of call marry up with your stay, for a quick catch up?

It's 14 days including flights. I won't  know his itinerary until he gets back from SP cruise Wednesday week but I see him often enough at home as he lives in the next street.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I need a cruise, especially as we have had to cancel two of them due to my achilles surgery. Next one is late September now, it seems so far away.

Yes it does, but September will roll around soon enough. We're holding out for our Christmas cruise. After spending, literally, ALL day on the computer with emails going backwards and forwards yesterday dealing with the bureaucrats at our local Council trying to make a booking for the community centre our theatre works out of I finally sorted it at around 4pm. (Don't understand why it is so hard, we have been ensconced in that venue for the past 27 years), I shut the computer lid with a heartfelt sigh and an 'I REALLY need a cruise!!!' Nothing like being enmeshed in red tape to make you want a 🍸🌴🛳️🥴

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Doesn't this make you miss cruising!

TowelAnimalLeftByStaff.thumb.jpg.769581ae419c5e6659e187d353a79761.jpg

Love the towel animals

Now THAT is funny........

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Todays post is called the Gift🙄😒

I was sitting as I’m want to do, on the back deck for my 4sies, (In the summer their 5sies), with my glass of wine, and my mini charcuterie board, on the table next to me.

When I was visited by my feathered friends Charlie, Charlette, & Junior. (Butcher birds).

They like to freeload around then, each night, I feed them what ever I have with me, but they prefer raw meat, which from time to time I treat them too. But mostly just some broken biscuits, or some homemade muesli bar or similar.

However tonight Charlette decided to give me a little surprise.

She landed on the railing with something in her beak, flicked it into the air and caught it, then flew over and landed next to me, and dropped her object down on my little table.

My 1st thought was,

oh no Charlette! Don’t drop that on there!

Then my second thought was…..

OOOH NOOOO CHARLETTE! DON’T DROP THAT THERE! YOU LITTLE BUGGER.

Now you are probably wondering why I got a little my excited on the 2nd thought?

You see, my little friend I’m sure she was trying to be friendly, but her sense of sharing and mine, I can assure you, are on mega different levels.

The object, I’m not sure of its origin, it could have been part of a very large worm, or may have been a caterpillar, or something similar.

Suffice to say it had decayed to a large degree!

IT WAS NOT, a pleasant gift to behold!!!!

But, when she dropped it, it broke!

Which was unpleasant in itself.

But what exploded from it was HORRIFYING!!

Literally, thousands of ants, big black ones, spreading out in multiple waves.

It took me a few seconds to grasp exactly what was happening.

Then I exploded into frantic action!

Saving my 4esies & my wine, and scaring the living daylights out of Charlette.

When my prized goodies were safe, I flicked her gift of the table onto the deck, and then started to attack the ants. WITH MY HANDS, ugg, yuk, and gross, the little mongrels were running up my arms, I’m now even dancing around swatting myself.

When I look around there’s Charlette on the deck, picking up her prize, and giving me a reproachful look, as if to say, “You have no manners, and do not deserve gifts of delicacies”….

Then she took her little gift and departed.

Having got everything back in order, I’m now once again sitting back in my chair, thinking two things.

Firstly; Will Charlette ever for forgive me, and keep visiting, and singing me her delightful little song????

Secondly;   I’m itchy, and, I NEED A CRUISE!!!!!! 😭

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Todays post is called the Gift🙄😒

I was sitting as I’m want to do, on the back deck for my 4sies, (In the summer their 5sies), with my glass of wine, and my mini charcuterie board, on the table next to me.

When I was visited by my feathered friends Charlie, Charlette, & Junior. (Butcher birds).

They like to freeload around then, each night, I feed them what ever I have with me, but they prefer raw meat, which from time to time I treat them too. But mostly just some broken biscuits, or some homemade muesli bar or similar.

However tonight Charlette decided to give me a little surprise.

She landed on the railing with something in her beak, flicked it into the air and caught it, then flew over and landed next to me, and dropped her object down on my little table.

My 1st thought was,

oh no Charlette! Don’t drop that on there!

Then my second thought was…..

OOOH NOOOO CHARLETTE! DON’T DROP THAT THERE! YOU LITTLE BUGGER.

Now you are probably wondering why I got a little my excited on the 2nd thought?

You see, my little friend I’m sure she was trying to be friendly, but her sense of sharing and mine, I can assure you, are on mega different levels.

The object, I’m not sure of its origin, it could have been part of a very large worm, or may have been a caterpillar, or something similar.

Suffice to say it had decayed to a large degree!

IT WAS NOT, a pleasant gift to behold!!!!

But, when she dropped it, it broke!

Which was unpleasant in itself.

But what exploded from it was HORRIFYING!!

Literally, thousands of ants, big black ones, spreading out in multiple waves.

It took me a few seconds to grasp exactly what was happening.

Then I exploded into frantic action!

Saving my 4esies & my wine, and scaring the living daylights out of Charlette.

When my prized goodies were safe, I flicked her gift of the table onto the deck, and then started to attack the ants. WITH MY HANDS, ugg, yuk, and gross, the little mongrels were running up my arms, I’m now even dancing around swatting myself.

When I look around there’s Charlette on the deck, picking up her prize, and giving me a reproachful look, as if to say, “You have no manners, and do not deserve gifts of delicacies”….

Then she took her little gift and departed.

Having got everything back in order, I’m now once again sitting back in my chair, thinking two things.

Firstly; Will Charlette ever for forgive me, and keep visiting, and singing me her delightful little song????

Secondly;   I’m itchy, and, I NEED A CRUISE!!!!!! 😭

We’re ALL itching now!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Oh my gosh, I’m right there in that scene, and seriously chuckling.  Wonderful storytelling.  

Ah, John. You should be doing stand up!!! 🤣 Has Charlette forgiven you?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Ah, John. You should be doing stand up!!! 🤣 Has Charlette forgiven you?

I don't know yet, won't know until 4sies tonight to see.😄🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Ozwoody said:

I don't know yet, won't know until 4sies tonight to see.😄🤞

Well, keep us informed. We're all waiting with worm on tongue!🤭

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Nooooo I HATE worms after growing up with four brothers!!! They often threw “things” at me 😩😩😩🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Well to follow up, I did have my 4sies, and I sat there, and waited....

There was no sign of any of my little friends....

I had feared that I had scared them off.

As I sat there waiting a long time, but no show.

I had gone out early, hoping they would see me and pop in, but it seems that they don't change their schedule for dinner, they made me wait for the appointed time, before they turned up all chirpy, and looking for a free meal. Thankfully Charlette didn't bring a new gift just her appetite for my Anzac Slice. She took her fill then her and Charlie, sang their I'm happy little song as they are want to do after eating.

So there you are, HAPPY DAYS AGAIN😊

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Well to follow up, I did have my 4sies, and I sat there, and waited....

There was no sign of any of my little friends....

I had feared that I had scared them off.

As I sat there waiting a long time, but no show.

I had gone out early, hoping they would see me and pop in, but it seems that they don't change their schedule for dinner, they made me wait for the appointed time, before they turned up all chirpy, and looking for a free meal. Thankfully Charlette didn't bring a new gift just her appetite for my Anzac Slice. She took her fill then her and Charlie, sang their I'm happy little song as they are want to do after eating.

So there you are, HAPPY DAYS AGAIN😊

Very magnanimous of Charlette! She must be part Labrador...... All is forgiven provided there is food involved. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ceeceeDee said:

Very magnanimous of Charlette! She must be part Labrador...... All is forgiven provided there is food involved. 🤣

Definitely agree with that !

• Like 3