Currently on SS Spirit?

PaulaJK

Currently on the Spirit. Boarded on Friday and after a day and night in port today we set off for Walvis Bay. This is our first time on the Spirit and our only previous Silversea cruise was on the Moon. For context, we have cruised on Crystal and Seabourn many times. 

I too was worried having read the same reviews. First impressions are of a ship that is in good condition but could use a refresh, compared to Moon which is much newer and feels lighter, prettier and more spacious. Nothing that would be a deal breaker though. The service is excellent and dinner tonight at Indochine was great. We missed the headline entertainer but went to the Panorama Lounge and the place was rocking. Had a lot of fun. The lecturer this afternoon was good and on topic. 

We’re not too fond of buffets but had a nice lunch at La Terrazza yesterday. So, so far so good. Definitely not a bust and we are enjoying ourselves. Bonus, saw a humpback whale from my balcony this afternoon. 

Don’t fret 😁

• Like 7

I’ll be on the Monaco F1 cruise in May and am also interested in current conditions on board.  Not that I would cancel, we definitely booked for the itinerary on this one, but I prefer adjusting my expectations and then being pleasantly surprised once on board.  

I’m planning to post my observations here after the cruise and will share details of the F1 experience as well.

2 hours ago, texanaust said:

I had a great cruise on Spirit earlier this year.  The staff were wonderful.  The only negative is Indochine which we did not like.  Much prefer SALT on the newer ships.

And we prefer Indochine over the pretentious SALT.

To each their own.

In regards the OP questions -- was recently on Spirit.  A few hiccups with leaks and maintenance that I noticed around the ship, but all were fixed along the way.  Service was superb, especially at the bar in Dolce Vita.  As for needing a "refresh", as long as the furnishings are still in good quality, I'm not as concerned if they aren't trendy, lighter or prettier.  I look for a solid, reliable product delivered consistently and professionally.  That I found on Spirit.

• Like 2

We are following the routes aNd cancellations of Moon on other posts. Our cruise and for those on Spirit’s grand voyage..…sails Capetown to Mahe and Mahe to Dubai. The latter segment 

includes Muscat to Dubai. SS offers no info. We are imagining that the 2nd segment might be cancelled, similar to recent happenings..and after we are on board.. Of course, we would be traveling long..from NYC…for a relatively short cruise if this happens…and, perhaps left in Mahe. Does anyone have any news, rumors, insights,etc?

Sympathies w the Moon pax..and even SS ,except for late notification.

I’ve sent an email to my SS rep requesting any information.  

Clealey  with the moon now going around the horn the possibility of itinerary switch is not on the cards. 

With so much lead time maybe they will send it back down the African Coast stopping at different ports (this is my cancellation alternative hope because if it’s cancelled I’m done.  I can’t apply for more leave this year, last minute isn’t an option, not to mention I finding an itinerary in the price frame that is attractive as a solo is a challenge.  

The discount is a moot point,  it’s only good if you can use it.  

This is my cancelled, cancelled, cancelled cruise that was originally supposed to be Jan 2021. I would never have dreamed booking this far out it wouldn’t go ahead so close to being no alternative.  

I’ll update if I hear anything from my rep today but don’t hold your breath 

The world is a mess…but I do hope that SS decides what to do sooner rather

than later. I don’t have much hope that ‘things’ will settle down before our cruise…

but I would appreciate knowing  whether they are working on an alternative itinerary.

you seem to be in a difficult spot…as are we as originally we had to book two

segments to find space ( later got 1 cabin but still 2 bookings). So worry that segment 1 

will sail CPt- Mahe but Mahe to Dubai will be cancelled. Our air returns from Dubai.

My air goes through Dubai both ways.   It’s a very long trip from here involving an overnight courtesy of Emirates in Dubai before the flight to Mahe.  

I”m thankful I took the door to door option as it is now all in the hands of Silversea to sort it out.  

being part of a Grand Voyage may help in the long run, she says as she clutches at straws.

I am hoping it doesn’t become a Cape Town cruise as I have been to Africa several times, both on and off cruises   But it would be better than no holiday at all.  

We were on the spirit in July and going again in June.  If you spend enough time on the cruise forums (every line) and reviews you will soon realize that people just like to complain. If you look for problems and issues that’s what you will find.  There’s a reason why fares keep going up and people keep paying. 99% havr good time, enjoy their trip and don’t post reviews or comments. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your email.  Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year break.  I understand what you said about the Red Sea situation/. At this stage, your voyage from Mahe to Dubai is going ahead as schedule. We don’t have any further information about any cancelation or itinerary change.”

So we wait