Coco Cay Questions

Ocnj98

Hello!  It's been a few years since we have been to Coco Cay. The last time we were there the pool and waterpark were under construction.  We are looking to just chill on Coco Cay and are not interested in paying crazy $$$ for a chair and umbrella.  Is the pool open to all cruisers or is there a fee?  Is there any part of the island that you can get chairs and umbrella at the beach without a fee?  Thanks!  

The main pool (Oasis Lagoon) is free and open to anyone.  There are plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Additionally, there are three beaches, Lagoon Beach, Chill Beach and South Beach are all free with tons of loungers and umbrellas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 4:22 PM, cruisinlawn said:

bumping up??

On 2/2/2024 at 12:06 AM, cruisinlawn said:

Which area would one recommend for a quieter, relaxed beach day?

I think South Beach if you are looking for one of the free areas. Beach Club if you are willing to pay, but it can be very pricy. If it’s your first time, use the free (included) beaches and pool. Really no need to spend any money there. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, acpalmer said:

I think South Beach if you are looking for one of the free areas. Beach Club if you are willing to pay, but it can be very pricy. If it’s your first time, use the free (included) beaches and pool. Really no need to spend any money there. 

Thanks. Sorry, I failed to mention "free". We've been before albeit years ago and agree no need for additional expense.  We'll seek out South Beach..thanks! Enjoy!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

Weather forecast shows 60% chance of rain the day we stop at Coco Cay. Do you think Royal Caribbean will cancel and give us an alternate port or sea day?

No. Only high winds or lightning would keep you off the island. Rain is just rain.

Also, I wouldn't trust the forecast even the night before you arrive. I've seen 80% chance of rain the night before we stopped there and then it didn't rain at all until 2pm. It's also common for a brief shower to pop up then go away.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 1:51 PM, jennmaybe said:

So, which is better? South Beach or Cove Beach and why?  We are just looking for free…..

It's one long beach... Cove Beach is just slightly farther away from everything. I've never spent time at either though I've walked past them. I guess Cove Beach may be slightly quieter?

"Better" is subjective depending on what you want to be closer or farther from.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Yes, what Mike said...they are the same beach essentially.  Cove beach is just at the far end. Most people don't walk that far so it's very quiet.  That's what we like about it.  But it is a further walk for food, drinks and bathrooms. So it depends on what you want. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 1:51 PM, jennmaybe said:

So, which is better? South Beach or Cove Beach and why?  We are just looking for free…..

If you want free, then South Beach is your answer.  Cove Beach is an extra charge.  Check the excursions on the app or website and you can get an idea of the pricing.  It varies based on the demand.

37 minutes ago, dvan68 said:

If you want free, then South Beach is your answer.  Cove Beach is an extra charge.  Check the excursions on the app or website and you can get an idea of the pricing.  It varies based on the demand.

Cove beach does not have a charge.  There are no amenities there other than chairs and umbrellas.  You may be thinking of the Beach Club or Hideaway Beach.